Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayview House, Wellpark.

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:30am

As some of you may remember a few years ago this B 'n' B situated on the junction by the Eye Cinema was once supposedly haunted, or else to have a poltergeist. I pass this house on a daily basis and not once have I see them actually looking for vacancies. They always seem to have a "no vacancies" sign in the window. Has anybody ever seen otherwise?

Or is it just a case that they're no longer running it as a B 'n' B?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Oh I know the house. Remember going to Moinin and it used to be run down from years. Can't think of what the actual story behind the poltergeist was but it was the middle room in the top floor. Even heard a rumor that they actually blocked off this room and that its not used. Apparently builders used to say tools went flying across the room while they were working and that numerous builders won't go back into the house. But I think its just urban legend:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

The house has not been open as a B and B this year. Its not because its haunted but for family reasons I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

As some of you may remember a few years ago this B 'n' B situated on the junction by the Eye Cinema was once supposedly haunted, or else to have a poltergeist. I pass this house on a daily basis and not once have I see them actually looking for vacancies. They always seem to have a "no vacancies" sign in the window. Has anybody ever seen otherwise?

I'm sure I've seen it without the no vacancies sign once. Maybe race week last year ... or even this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I work beside there and it is freaky! Havent really taken heed of any vacancy signs. Heard it was haunted alright, I dont think I would stay there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

from what i can rememeber the poltergeist story came about from a city developer who hoped it would deter any other buyers from making an offer on it when it was up for sale/auction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

fifib wrote: »
    from what i can rememeber the poltergeist story came about from a city developer who hoped it would deter any other buyers from making an offer on it when it was up for sale/auction

Not so sure about that. The poltergeist story has defiantly been around over 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Lot more than 20 years. Was selling very cheap in the 70s. My dad thought about it but decided no because of the rumours. A friend of mine started working on the renovations when the current owner bought it. He (my mate) had a bereavement in his family during his first week in the job. Even though he didnt believe it was connected he still didnt go back just in case.

Advertisement