Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joomla contact form

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

hi i am trying to find a joomla module that will allow me to have a contact form as well as my address, phone and email details - any help would be be grateful thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

This module is already built into Joomla.

1) Log in to your admin panel and navigate to Components > Contacts > Contacts.

2) Create the contact "profile" (name, email, phone number etc)

3) Check the Parameters section on the right side
    - Contact Parameters determine which contact details you want to display
    - E-mail Parameters control the actual contact form

4) Save your contact details :)

5) Finally, add the contact form link to your navigation. Item type is: Contacts > Contact > Standard Contact Layout.

The rest should be fairly straight-forward.

Here's an example of what it would work like:
    http://www.hokubudojo.org/contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

its asking for a category - do i need to set one up

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Oops, forgot about the category... Yes, you have to create one first, but there is pretty much nothing that needs to be done there.
    Only have to set 3 things for it:
    - Category Name
    - Published = yes
    - Access Level = Public

Then you can proceed to create your contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Hi there ,

I recommend 'Ai contact safe' ..

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/contact-forms/7901

I've used it on a few sites and its very robust. Also, for a free extension the support is brilliant. Not sure if you can use it as a module though.

AB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Jforms (with Metamod) works a treat too for highly customized forms in a module position.

• Advertisement
Advertisement