Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titles where you have a different opinion of full game versus demo?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

I thought this might make an interesting discussion.

Anyone come across games where you ended up with a completely different opinion of the full game versus your opinion of the demo?

One that I noticed recently is Resident Evil 5 (360). I bought the Gold Edition and enjoy the full game much, much more than the Xbox Live demo I played. The only reason I bought the full game was that Zavvi were selling it for about €17 delivered.

Or has there being any games where the demo appeared to make the game much better than the finished product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The demo for the first Uncharted game was dismal. It portrayed a standard shooter with little else going for it. The sequence was also out of context so appeared pointless.

Of course, the main game is still one of the best games on the PS3 but the demo almost turned me off getting it initally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Valkyria Chronicles. Demo almost put me off the full game. They picked the most boring and simplisitc training level to show the game off while the full game was one of the best games on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I bought Recettear after playing the demo for an hour.

And then was dismayed when I found it wasn't finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Fifa 11. Not a fan of the Demo

Full game isnt out yet...but I'm gonna make myself like it.

Does that count ?

I also bought the new Medal of Honor on release so I could play the Beta..but didn't enjoy it..only played it for 2 hours total. But the same as above :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Brutal Legend the game is very different from the demo. Its a good game I liked it but the demo gives you nothing like what you get in the main game....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Darksiders - it really needed the tutorial levels to ease you into the game and give you a glimpse of what you'll be capable of later on in the game.
    Just dumping you at the crossroads with feck all health and the weakest weapons didn't really do it justice!

Thankfully I still decided to give it a rental anyway, otherwise I would have missed out on one of the games of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Played an early beta of Unreal 3, great fun, the full game was very disappointing.

Advertisement