Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can't access Ryanair website

• 21-09-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

For two or three days now I have been unable to open the Ryanair website, it doesn't matter whether I type it in (www.ryanair.com) or go via Google. Every other website I visit is fine. Have tried Firefox, Explorer and Chrome and it's the same result: "The connection was reset" or "This webpage is not available". Solution might be right under my nose but I'm baffled. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Site may be being blocked by some security software on your computer, or it could be a DNS problem.

Try pinging www.ryanair.com from the command prompt.
    If that doesn't work, try pinging 62.73.129.180. If the first doesn't work, and the second one does, then it is a dns failure.

Any other computers using the same internet connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Thanks for reply. Not hugely IT literate but if what you meant was type

ping www.ryanair.com
    and later
    ping 62.73.129.180

into the command prompt then yes I have done that and neither worked (request timed out ... packets sent 4, received 0).

No other computers using the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

try ping ryanair.com from the command prompt, then ping 193.120.171.37

Is the computer on a network in an office / school etc. or is it connecting from home through UPC / eircom etc.

It could be a program blocking it like MarkR said, Try restarting in "Safe Mode with Networking" and see if you can connect.

Do this by restarting the pc, as soon as the bios screen goes off keep tapping F8 before any windows logo appears (If you see the windows logo its gone too far) and select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the list

@hearny, Both pings worked but am still unable to get www.ryanair.com in safe or normal mode. Am connected to wireless network at home (telefonica/movistar, I'm in Spain).

Its odd that it only seems to be ryanair.com

You need to find out if the problem is with your windows installation, or its between your router and ryanair. Its possible ryanairs site is dropping the packets from your router.

Do you have any other devices that can connect to the network, If you do try them.

If you dont you could download a livecd and see if you can access it from there
    Download and burn Ubuntu from http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

You could also reboot the modem (you will more than likely get a new IP address) and it may start working again.

• Advertisement

hearny wrote: »
    You could also reboot the modem (you will more than likely get a new IP address) and it may start working again.

Worked! Should have tried that earlier, thanks for your help.

No Problem.

Advertisement