Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

givecredit wrote: »
    Has that changed? It used to work with an Irish HD subscription. ITV 2HD, 3HD AND 4HD on other channels?

I do not have sky anymore so cannot check.

ITV2HD - 4 HD where always behind a paywall on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Infoanon wrote: »
    ITV2HD - 4 HD where always behind a paywall on Sky

But if you had an Irish HD sub you could tune them in until Oct 2015

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057426942&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

But if you had an Irish HD sub you could tune them in until Oct 2015

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057426942&page=2

ok - was not aware of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not really a new channel but Sony has rebranded to Sony Crime on Sky 157! For me the highlight will be nightly showings of Person of Interest!

• Advertisement

Sony Crime 2 (real life) is on Freesat 143, Sony Crime 1 (drama) is due next week, on Ch 163 presumably

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Sony Crime
    Sony Crime +1
    Sony Crime 2

are all live FTA currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Looks like it's Sky only, and not Freesat or FTA.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

JDxtra wrote: »
    Looks like it's Sky only, and not Freesat or FTA.
    Yes, I agree. looks like it'll be free-to-view to Sky subscribers, but not FTA. They wouldn't be the first channel to mean FTV when talking free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭kooga

byte wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. looks like it'll be free-to-view to Sky subscribers, but not FTA. They wouldn't be the first channel to mean FTV when talking free.

may be possible to tune in on other channels in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have found some good news about FreeSports HD. HD version will be live on Freesat & SkyUK in May. Freesat & Sky here we come. :D

https://twitter.com/FreeSportsUK/status/962243403059814400

That's quite coup for Freesat, Sky will usually make an offer a channel dare not refuse to have HD exclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

That's quite coup for Freesat, Sky will usually make an offer a channel dare not refuse to have HD exclusively.

In fairness there is very little sport on it worth watching.
    It is also well down the epg.

It's where the 3 sport channels are - in the 200s. Maybe you don't get how freesat channels are grouped.

It's where the 3 sport channels are - in the 200s. Maybe you don't get how freesat channels are grouped.

I do but I don't use the freesat remote. I use the saorview connect one to operate both boxes and it doesn't have a list button on it to show the different genres. I just page down 3 or 4 times and that is it.

I do but I don't use the freesat remote. I use the saorview connect one to operate both boxes and it doesn't have a list button on it to show the different genres. I just page down 3 or 4 times and that is it.

An obscure and irrelevant matter for 99.9℅ of freesats users!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Beg to differ, I don't have the luxury of being able to pay for sports channels and the content they show is quite good. Free NHL, soccer, basketball, rugby, etc. Going on HD can only help the channel and viewers like myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

12 years after viewing HD for the first time I think Sky milking the extra 15 euro or so off subscribers for their HD channels is now an absolute disgrace and needs to be standardized with the emergence of 4K.

Fair play to Freesports, Sky won't like a sports channel in HD on 28e for free that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Schwanz wrote: »
    12 years after viewing HD for the first time I think Sky milking the extra 15 euro or so off subscribers for their HD channels is now an absolute disgrace and needs to be standardized with the emergence of 4K.

Fair play to Freesports, Sky won't like a sports channel in HD on 28e for free that's for sure.

If you're waiting for Sky to drop the €15 for HD I think you'll be waiting. As you know Sky is a business and as a business they have to come up with ways to keep revenue coming in so dropping the €15 for HD doesn't make commercial sense. Sky subscribers in Ireland have been ripped off for years and as long as they are willing to pay above the odds for movies and sports they will continue to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Beg to differ, I don't have the luxury of being able to pay for sports channels and the content they show is quite good. Free NHL, soccer, basketball, rugby, etc. Going on HD can only help the channel and viewers like myself

+1

In addition it is high up in my guide ... but I have not bought into any proprietary EPG listing so can arrange channels to suit my viewing needs. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

natashaob6 wrote: »
    If you're waiting for Sky to drop the €15 for HD I think you'll be waiting. As you know Sky is a business and as a business they have to come up with ways to keep revenue coming in so dropping the €15 for HD doesn't make commercial sense. Sky subscribers in Ireland have been ripped off for years and as long as they are willing to pay above the odds for movies and sports they will continue to be.

I know Sky is a business.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Sky lose Premier League games for the 19-22 seasons. They won't be in any position to milk anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Schwanz wrote: »
    I know Sky is a business.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Sky lose Premier League games for the 19-22 seasons. They won't be in any position to milk anymore

Sky will continue to pay way over the odds for the premier League games as the premier league is the model they build their sports channels around and as per usual they will pass the bill on to their subscribers. Unless BT Sport or even Amazon step in and out bid Sky for the main packages which could be a possibility Sky subscribers will continue to pay over the odds to see their favourite teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

natashaob6 wrote: »
    Sky will continue to pay way over the odds for the premier League games as the premier league is the model they build their sports channels around and as per usual they will pass the bill on to their subscribers. Unless BT Sport or even Amazon step in and out bid Sky for the main packages which could be a possibility Sky subscribers will continue to pay over the odds to see their favourite teams.

Aren't Youtube in the mix now? And the potential for Bein to expand? Sky will pay well over the odds next time if they are to keep this product

Old channel is back - Vintage TV which went from all platforms is on Sky/FTA.

V
    FEC 5/6

It's not showing on my EPGs FTA list as a result there are no recording parameters

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Old channel is back - Vintage TV which went from all platforms is on Sky/FTA.

V
    FEC 5/6

Is it on Freeview EPG?

Freesat, not freeview and no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

corm500 wrote: »
    Is it on Freeview EPG?

No. It will re-launch soon on Sky

https://vintage.tv/how-to-watch/

It'll be terrible (like all Sony Channels) but Sony Movies is FTA as of now

V
    5/6

channel 3192 52515 on my EPG

• Advertisement

UKTV Play is launching on freesat. It seems to be an on demand service with various boxsets, without subscription.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement