Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Still waiting - etiquette

• 21-09-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I applied for short-time Social Welfare for my 3-day week at the end of June.

I waited for my interview and found the woman very curt and unhelpful. For the want of (literally) 3 contributions for 2008, I had to be means tested etc etc. I met the inspector who was a lot more reasonable. She said “I’ll get this processed and hand it back upstairs and we’ll get you sorted as quickly as possible”. That was over a month ago.

I went in with two colleagues originally who have been long since sorted due to not having to be means tested. The only income I have is what I’m earning for my three day week and I’m financially hurting now. The question is whether I should start ringing or calling in to see if there is any progress made. I don't want to draw that wagon on me so I have to simply keep waiting??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

don't bother ringing, they won't answer the phone

go in, bring a book, take a number and wait to ask someone about your claim.

alternatively, go to your Community Welfare Officer and get an interim Supplementary Welfare Allowance payment (but since the CWO is only open at certain times on certain days this may not suit, depending on when you're working)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thanks Xiney

Are you sure I wouldn't be shooting myself in the foot by going in demanding answers? I just want to harm my claim. I'm sure individual dealing with my claim wouldn't think anything of long-fingering my claim if she thought I was being unreasonable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

If you are polite with the people behind the counter you will get information. just say that you want to make sure that there isn't any thing outstanding.

Not sure if the CWO can/will help because you are working.

I was going to call into them today but I received a letter containing forms UP3I and UP3F. I can't quite make out what the forms are telling me- they both refer to the means testing but I can't understand what they're really saying.

Aside from that, I don't know if it means that something is happening and I don't have to go in and thump the table...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

cantdecide wrote: »
    I was going to call into them today but I received a letter containing forms UP3I and UP3F. I can't quite make out what the forms are telling me- they both refer to the means testing but I can't understand what they're really saying.

Aside from that, I don't know if it means that something is happening and I don't have to go in and thump the table...

AFAIK, Form UP3i is your "Means Assessment from Insurable Earnings" and shows that they've worked out the means (how much it's worth to you) from your employment. The first 2 paragraphs in that form tell you what it means. Form UP3f is a statement of all your means wherever it comes from. The lower the figure at A (or B if you're partner is getting SW payment) the more JA you'll get.

Both these mean that they are assessing your claim, and are pretty near to finalising it, I would think.

• Advertisement

I got my back-dole yesterday for the last twelve weeks of short-time.

€256 :rolleyes:

Thankfully, the boss has taken pity on me and decided he can put me back on full-time since I'm the only one who is suffering because of the three day week.

Any idea what I have to do now to sign off or whatever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

cantdecide wrote: »
    I got my back-dole yesterday for the last twelve weeks of short-time.

€256 :rolleyes:

Thankfully, the boss has taken pity on me and decided he can put me back on full-time since I'm the only one who is suffering because of the three day week.

Any idea what I have to do now to sign off or whatever?

Nice one. To sign-off, go here, find your Local Office, Fill in the details, and click submit, and voila!

Advertisement