Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange 2007 SMTP Error

Options
  • 21-09-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I'm running Exchange 2007 on Small Business Server 2008.

the server is named server.domain.local
    Our broadband is provided by Irish Broadband and I'm using a send connector to smtp.irishbroadband.ie.

The PTR record is setup fine. We receive mail no problem. However we cannot send mail, below is the bounce email:

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: SERVER.domain.local

my_personal_email@domain.net
    smtp4.irishbroadband.ie #550 Administrative prohibition ##

Original message headers:

Received: from SERVER.domain.local ([fe80::5d02:a349:debf:d65d]) by
    SERVER.domain.local ([fe80::5d02:a349:debf:d65d%19]) with mapi; Tue, 21
    Sep 2010 10:49:53 +0100

I was thinking that Exchange wasn't setup correctly and should declare itself as server.domain.com. But then I telneted to smtp.irishbroadband.ie and sent an email no problem.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

forget it, fixed it.

Incorrect FQDN provided for response to HELO or EHLO on the send connector properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Worked for a couple of hours now the 550 Administrative prohibition error is back.

Anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

are you intending to use IPv6 as your transmit method? Cause that IPv6 address you have there is an link-local one (and in IPv6 they don't typically have the internal IP address with gateway given out by DHCP like they do in IPv4).

Advertisement