Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another jobseeker's allowance interview...

• 21-09-2010 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi all,

I have posted on this topic before regarding moving in with my girlfriend, the change in circumstances which is applicable to my jobseeker's allowance. I notified SW about this a month ago, and was told to bring in the necessary documents (her payslip, and both of our bank account statements, as well as a proof of address) on my signing day, which was 11 days later. A week after this, I received a letter from SW requesting my presence at another interview (I have had about three now!). No further documents are required for presentation, but I'm slightly confused as to why they need me there again. In the meantime, my weekly dole has not been altered from the full amount.

Could it be because they want to verify exactly when I moved in so they can reduce my money for the last four weeks? Has anyone had to actually pay money back to SW? Additionally, will I get a chance to contest their approximation of how much money I will now be due weekly? I feel they will skew it to suit themselves. My partner and I are quite financially separate still, and its only right that they properly calculate her earnings against the effect it will have on my jobseeker's allowance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

If they feel you have being overpaid, then they will asses an overpayment against you. This will usually be repaid as a deduction from your weekly payment, a small amount usually agreed between both parties (€10 is a usual amount)

If you disagree with the means assessed you have the right to appeal the means decision. Be warned though, that means assessments are less gut calls and are usually laid down by law, so the deciding officer will really only be applying the law, which may not be fair to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 germwarfare

OmeGar wrote: »
    If they feel you have being overpaid, then they will asses an overpayment against you. This will usually be repaid as a deduction from your weekly payment, a small amount usually agreed between both parties (€10 is a usual amount)

If you disagree with the means assessed you have the right to appeal the means decision. Be warned though, that means assessments are less gut calls and are usually laid down by law, so the deciding officer will really only be applying the law, which may not be fair to yourself.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll see how it goes on Thursday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

How did it go?

Advertisement