Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned: I spit on your grave

• 21-09-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Just been reading the metro free paper thingy and it put a smile on my face. I read that the irish sensor has banned the 1978 version of I spit on your grave for being too voilent or somthing. I know it has a bad rape secene at the start, but I dont remember it being all that bad. Long time since ive seen it mind you. Any the films director has since thanked the irish film board for the free publicity they gave his film and its still for sale in england and can be baught quite easilly from various etailers.

It has made me want to get now and see it again...
    Makes the sensor seem pontless these days with the net there for all ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

It's the remake that has been banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Sweet wrote: »
    It's the remake that has been banned.

DVD re-release of the original
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0921/1224279369319.html

I really do think this is ridiculous, all it will do is drive up the numbers going to the remake

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

If anything, Zarchi was spot on with his response to this news.

Thanks to the internet, censorship boards and their decisions are basically null and void. All this decision will do is greatly boost the film's notoriety in Ireland and hurt the retailers who planned on receiving stock in.

It's just the Manhunt 2 debacle all over again, caused by a primitive board made up of stuffy old men and RTÉ enthusiasts, barely clinging to their increasingly redundant jobs.

I love it when people tell me what I can or can't watch. :rolleyes:

It's just the Manhunt 2 debacle all over again, caused by a primitive board made up of stuffy old men and RTÉ enthusiasts, barely clinging to their increasingly redundant jobs.

I think you will find that the board was anythign but when Manhunt 2 was banned. I believe that Manhunt 2 was banned to prove a point, that any film out rightly banned would have it's ban overturned on appeal, that the ban was neaver really appealed saw the ban stay in place. I do believe that were John Kelleher still the censor then we would be seeing a DVD release of I Spit on Your Grave in the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Does the irish censor even mean anything any more, we will all be able to buy/download this movie regardless of their input, personally i was looking forward to this movie when i seen the trailer, ah well guess it will be one i download now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I got I Spit On Your Grave as part of this

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/705291/Box-Of-The-Banned/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

To be honest I feel even better now that it has been banned again by the IFCO, there's a certain air of taboo surrounding it I love!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goodasgold

remember watching this years ago hated the rape scene, boyfriend thought i was overreacting about it but when she castrated the guy in the bathroom he had a change of heart and thought it was an awful film he couldn't bear to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mbv

This is the beginning of it I suppose. Kelleher does some fine work to drag us out of the dark ages, he leaves and it starts again. Thank fuk for the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

the old Astra tape i watched in the early '80s was barely audible which i suppose was a good job as the film is almost devoid of any decent descernible soundtrack...

it has it's followers...some clown called Martin Baker or something did a humourous defense of it in his book...but as a film, it's raw, barebones but curiously fascinating...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I was thinking of getting this other day, there was double of this and remake in one case just £8. should have got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭jh79

Don't , both are cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

try on line you might get is in amazon or one of them kinda places.

Advertisement