Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

Options
  • 21-09-2010 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Could anyone pm me some companies that might give me work experience? Im on a FAS course atm in software development and part of it is 4 weeks work experience. Doesnt have to be developing either can be testing or what ever or just in a IT enviorment. Help if u can plz :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Are you in Finglas or Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StarShineX

Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I was teaching that course last year when Sandra took some time off. My class just polled companies to see who would take them. A number of them asked the people they knew if their companies are if any friends would take them. A lot of them used their contacts.

It's challenging, particularly with this economy, but you will find something.

I'd suggest:

1. Look for companies with graduate programs and see if they'll take you on as an intern.

2. Look for any companies in you local area

3. Ask people you know if their companies I.T. department may need some small development tasks done.

I'm sure other's here will have good suggestions too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StarShineX

Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement