Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roof orentation for Solar

• 21-09-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am currently building my house and hope to get the roof on in the next few weeks. All along I intended to install solar panels on my garrage which is facing 20 degrees west of south. The 2 companies and several plumbers I spoke to told me the insulated pipe to run from the garrage to the house is very expensive so I'd be best to install the panels on the house.

The thing is one company is recommending installing panels on the back of the house which 20 degrees past east and the other is recommending placing them on the front of the house, 20 degrees past west. I'm confused. Do you think I'm wasting my time and money installing panels with such an orentation? And does anyonee out there have a setup similar to mine? If so any feed back would be appreciated. Rgds,
    Poco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saibhne

Poco90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am currently building my house and hope to get the roof on in the next few weeks. All along I intended to install solar panels on my garrage which is facing 20 degrees west of south. The 2 companies and several plumbers I spoke to told me the insulated pipe to run from the garrage to the house is very expensive so I'd be best to install the panels on the house.

The thing is one company is recommending installing panels on the back of the house which 20 degrees past east and the other is recommending placing them on the front of the house, 20 degrees past west. I'm confused. Do you think I'm wasting my time and money installing panels with such an orentation? And does anyonee out there have a setup similar to mine? If so any feed back would be appreciated. Rgds,
    Poco

Hi Poco, It's always possible to make solar work, the deciding issue is cost really... If you give me the details of the systems you are being quoted for I can do a quick simulation for you on how they will perform. I'll need to know the type of panel, number of panels, the size of the cylinder, and the occupancy of the house.

Also is that 20 degrees past east to the north or south? if North then it's a no goer.

probably best to PM me the details..

S.

Advertisement