Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

23rd, 2.50 pints?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's 2.50 pints for 'Arthurs day' this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Was wondering the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

€2.51 Actually :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

No I'm fairly sure they won't be €2.50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

2.50 pints.:D Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

judas101 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's 2.50 pints for 'Arthurs day' this year?

I bought a ticket for the Foggy Dew last year, no pints for €2.50 at all :mad: was nearly €5 a pint all night!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

might be worth chcking out the restaurant royale on stephen street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Doubtful, some do have cheaper pints for a few hours but most of the places I was in were charging full-whack

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Scabby bastards..you'd think it would kill them to show a bit of goodwill towards the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

So in the middle of a major recession when the pubs are half empty , we are scammed by a marketing exercise by a brewery and end up paying an admission price to a pub :eek:

Bloody hell - How gullible are we?
    Galadriel wrote: »
    I bought a ticket for the Foggy Dew last year, no pints for €2.50 at all :mad: was nearly €5 a pint all night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

bullpost wrote: »
    So in the middle of a major recession when the pubs are half empty , we are scammed by a marketing exercise by a brewery and end up paying an admission price to a pub :eek:

Bloody hell - How gullible are we?

You think the bands do it for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

I believe last year that Diageo gave some pubs that sold a lot of Guinness a certain amount of free kegs. Some pubs used them to run 'Pints for 2.50' offers, some gave away free pints to all, others just to regulars. And then some of them just sold them as normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Most good pubs get a barrel or 2 free for the day and a lot of them dont give out the free drink and sell it at normal price FACT!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Some pubs last year charged more than they usually do for Guinness on Arthur's Day.

Devitt's on Camden Street I'm looking at you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Some pubs last year charged more than they usually do for Guinness on Arthur's Day.

Devitt's on Camden Street I'm looking at you! :mad:

Thats actually shocking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Thats actually shocking!!

Yes, it goes completely against the spirit of the 'holiday' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Im going to the Palace of all places and there is one free pint per customer for the actual toast. Im looking forward to it anyway, should be way more people out on a Thursday than there are normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

After parading this day as a big occassion to get pissed on Guinness, the least the shower of scumbag publican's and Diageo goons can do is offer special prices for the day.
    Patronising arseholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Damn you guys got a bad deal last year. Here in Thurles I got 6/7 free pints by moving around to different pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

DecentBee wrote: »
    Yes, it goes completely against the spirit of the 'holiday' :rolleyes:

Perhaps in time Arthur's Day will overtake Valentine's Day as the preeminent holiday of exploitative marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

AFAIK some places do get kegs for free and are meant to sell cheaper/or for free. I could be completely wrong though. Local at home did it the last year (not sure about times before that). 2.50 a pint is still grand ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Common sense: go to clubs that have 2/3/4 euro drinks and get your pints there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I would only for the fact that the Guinness in most if not all nightclubs is dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Ramza wrote: »
    I would only for the fact that the Guinness in most if not all nightclubs is dire

It's not too bad in Fibber's on Parnelly Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Harry Byrnes has pints for €2.51 from 5.30pm to 6.30pm + music + BBQ all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

tuxy wrote: »
    Damn you guys got a bad deal last year. Here in Thurles I got 6/7 free pints by moving around to different pubs.

Yeah but you have to live in Thurles the rest of the year so it evens out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not at all - Naively I would have expected Diageo to foot the bill - not the punters.

It is after all a huge marketing exercise for them.
    eoferrall wrote: »
    You think the bands do it for free?

Advertisement