Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closest free parking near Aviva/Lansdowne Road

Options
  • 21-09-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    working at the stadium at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning till mid afternoon. Was just wondering where the closest free parking spots are (estates, etc.). I don't mind walking 20 minutes or half an hour from the spot to the stadium, obviously the closer the better.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

id like to bump this thread.....Im starting in the Aviva on Wednesday and looking for free parking near to the stadium(on and off match days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

id like to bump this thread.....Im starting in the Aviva on Wednesday and looking for free parking near to the stadium(on and off match days)
    How do, didn't get much of a reply when I posted so did a little reckie myself. Found there's a free spot here where this blue car is which is less than 5 minute walk to the stadium. Wanna be lucky with it though as I'm sure it's usually taken. I parked there for 12 hours on a weekday without any problems.
    http://www.google.ie/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=aviva+stadium&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=8.023544,14.128418&ie=UTF8&hq=Aviva+Stadium&hnear=Aviva+Stadium&ll=53.33168,-6.220901&spn=0.007842,0.013797&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.333027,-6.222869&panoid=9lWitksP3g_UEbDumc_BkA&cbp=12,17.29,,0,30.75

If that's not free, if you drive up Tritonville Road (the left at the top of the road above) towards Ringsend, it seemed to be all free parking on the right side of the road. Little bit of a walk back to Aviva but no big deal.

Not sure what the deal would be on match days though, I imagine access to the first free spot would be limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Sean Moore Road. You park on the grass in the middle section, thats what all the stadium goers do on matchday.

Here's a pic of said parking at Sean Moore Road. It goes all the way up the road on match day.
    11082010887.jpg

Actually, that pic is looking towards the stadium end and is quite near. You'd have to be early though to get your parking space!

• Advertisement

cheers buddy! Handy to know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

i wouldn't park on the grass there during the day when there is nothing on in the stadium. your car won't be there when you get back and you'll paying a fee to get it back.
    why not use the dart instead?

Yeh, that grass is only for matchdays. Your better off if you don;t have public transport to park in Irishtown/Ringsend.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

when i worked in the stadium, i used to park outside Shelbourne Park and walk up along the canal - its about a 15 min walk.

there was always loads of free parking spaces there

irishbird wrote: »
    when i worked in the stadium, i used to park outside Shelbourne Park and walk up along the canal - its about a 15 min walk.

there was always loads of free parking spaces there

Right outside the stadium on South Lotts Road? Its pay parking there till midnight.

Unless you mean to park along the river opposite, you are never guaranteed a space there anytime of the day or night as its free there.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah opposite the river,never had any problems getting parking there and i worked in landsdowne for 3 years until it shut

is herbert park accessable on match days? On google maps it shows that its pay and display mon-fri only. Im starting work at half one in the aviva so was thinking i could park there for free and walk up?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

get the dart or walk from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are 200 spaces at the stadium. They are normally available on non-event days, but are otherwise reserved for mobility-impaired event-goers (special ticket required).

ted1 wrote: »
    get the dart or walk from town.

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesnt really answer my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

doesn't answer your question but provides a solution to the problem...

ted1 wrote: »
    doesn't answer your question but provides a solution to the problem...

I parked on Herbert Park in the end, its free and its only a 10 minute walk! Im gonna do this from now on.

Advertisement