Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plain chains (Jewellery)

Options
  • 21-09-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Where's good in Dublin city centre to get cheap plain chains? I want to put a pocket watch on a chain so it'd need to be fairly strong. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Does it need to be silver/gold or will any chain do? Most bead/craft shops will sell you chain by the metre from a couple of euro up (depending on the quality of the chain). Adding a clasp is not a big deal, they'd probably show you how if you get a nice person in the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 konstruktsiya

Doesn't need to be silver or gold, just silver in colour and fairly strong. Might get a cheapie from Claire's or somewhere & take the pendant bit off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Argos have some. Prices seem to vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I was in Rhinestones on St Andrew's Street yesterday and she put an extension on a chain I was getting, made a really good job of it too - they might add a chain to it for you for a small sum. They do sell pocket watches in there, and she did the extension for free for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 konstruktsiya

Got chains for two euro in Penneys and took the pendants off - sorted! Thanks for suggestions everyone. FYI: there's a new jewellery shop on the quays just down from the Hapenny Bridge that sells lengths of chain from four euro, I think its called Boardwalk or something. Found that on my travels, could be handy for others!

• Advertisement
Advertisement