Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended phone for a busy college student?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I am looking for a phone that has everything I need, but I'm finding it quite hard to find one, and one that's in my budget

I'm looking for one that's Wifi enabled, can view attachements and hopefully read PDFs or have an e-reader,
    Don't mind what its form is, just not a slider or a flip phone. Haven't had a touchscreen yet so I don't mind either way.
    Internet is really important - I'm on meteor so can switch to free internet package, but I have Wifi at home and college.
    would prefer to stick with Meteor...but 3 have tempted me.
    Pre-pay or sim free

here's the catch - €100-€150 :D

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nokia e63 on 3 pre pay would tick all those boxes, comes in about 129. It's got wifi and handles office documents like pdf's excel etc.

Free texts to everybody and Free weekend calls to everybody is a big + and the 5 euro they give you for topping up can be used to get a 500mb internet add on for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭RedXIV

for €159 on the meteor online store they have the Nokia E63 for €159 if you could stretch? I have this phone and it does all the things you asked.

I like it anyway

Edit: ooooo snap!

nokia-e63.jpg

Why would you pay more for less:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

Yes! That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear :D Had done a lil' bit of research and that's the one I had prefered, just wasn't sure what people thought of it.
    Happy days. Thanks a million :)

Just to decide between switching to 3 or staying with meteor.

I am moving to Spain in march, so if I stay with meteor will they unlock it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Why would you pay more for less:confused:

Was bought for me so i didn't have to shop around :) lovely phone though

• Advertisement

Yes! That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear :D Had done a lil' bit of research and that's the one I had prefered, just wasn't sure what people thought of it.
    Happy days. Thanks a million :)

Just to decide between switching to 3 or staying with meteor.

I am moving to Spain in march, so if I stay with meteor will they unlock it for me?

Getting it unlocked would be no problem even if meteor or 3 won't do it any unlocking shop should do it for 10euro's it's an easy phone to unlock.

The 3 deal is the better price phone and you get a lot more usage for your 20 euro top up, 3000 texts to any network, 3000 weekend minutes to any network or landline, 333 free webtexts, 500mb internet add on, Free Skype, MSN and access to planet 3 and their 3G network covers a lot of the country, meteor have very little 3G coverage.
    Meteor only give you 5 euro for upgrading and are charging you an extra 30 for the phone. It's a pretty easy decision.

It is when you put it like that! it's just the irish trait of resistance to change

What's the 3 coverage around the country like though?

It is when you put it like that! it's just the irish trait of resistance to change

What's the 3 coverage around the country like though?

You've pretty much 3G coverage everywhere for mobile interent, any where you don't it reverts back to 2G GPRS (Vodafone). You'll always have talk and text coverage.

Cool. Thanks a million. Muchos appreciated. Sent off for my free sim there and will get the phone as soon as I've saved. :D

Advertisement