Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I claim something if working 30hrs a week?

• 21-09-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi all,

There may be a job available for me in Dublin (Im living in Wexford) but its only for 30hrs per week. I know its better than nothing but Dublin is damn expensive and Im not sure 30hrs pay (not great € per hr either) would be enough to sustain me up there.

Could I possibly claim for the other 10 hours (to make it 40hrs) - as I hear of people working PT and still claiming (legally!).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Well as long as you wont be working more than 3 days per week you can claim for the other 2 days, so if you can work 10 hours a day 3 days a week you can be entitled to some payment but has to be done within the 3 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Would your 30 hours be spread over 3 days / 4 days/ 5 days??

If you work more than 3 days per week you are not entitled to any payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Thanks for the replies people. Id say it'd be 4 or 5 days unfortunately! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sue345

You may be able to get some type of rent allowance from the Community Welfare officer if you are working 30 hours or less (not 100% sure though)...It would probably depend on your actual earnings but it wouldnt hurt checking it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Well I'm in the same situation except its 20 hours per week, Mon-Fri. I am not able to keep signing on because as long as you're working past the 3 day per week mark, you have to sign off completely. Sundays don't count with Social welfare. Rent Allowance might be a possibility as well as the Medical Card if you're earning under €315 a week or thereabouts. Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

I am due to start working 20 hour contract as of 1st of November *i think*
    I presume my best bet is to ask the employer to put it as a 3 day week, can this be done? Ive worked with the company before and 20 hr contracters have work spread out, ie one week it could be 4 days, another it would be 2 ? Whats my best option ?

Also I last signed on on 31Aug and cant for the life of me think what day Im due to sign again. I know it sounds stupid but anyone got a clue? Im on Jobseekers and usually sign on a monday or tuesday. Its probably this week then?

Advertisement