Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blind dating? ? blind dining ?

• 21-09-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Someone my house mate works with set up a 'blind dining' agency thing and I went as a guinnea pig last week. You send them a profile and they match you up with a dinner date in the city.Was more than a little sceptical, but ended up being a laugh.

Even though I don't see anything happening with my date, it was still nice to meet someone without having to be smashed in a club/pub..

Anyone ever try? Any interesting experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

RoRoRoRo wrote: »
    Someone my house mate works with set up a 'blind dining' agency thing and I went as a guinnea pig last week. You send them a profile and they match you up with a dinner date in the city.Was more than a little sceptical, but ended up being a laugh.

Even though I don't see anything happening with my date, it was still nice to meet someone without having to be smashed in a club/pub..

Hmm that's your first post? Suspicious. Anyway, I have a friend that tried it in Dublin and met some nice girls from it and said it was good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RoRoRoRo

Suspicious? what ? Very strange comment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

and I went as a guinnea pig last week.

Halloween already?

mikom wrote: »
    Halloween already?

:) no no, I always dress as a rodent on dates. 'tis a great little ice-breaker..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

:) no no, I always dress as a rodent on dates. 'tis a great little ice-breaker..

Especially if you're meeting Richard Gere.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Especially if you're meeting Richard Gere.

Jaysus I walked in to that one:). Imagine being Richard Gere and knowing that when anyone in the world mentions hamsters your name comes to mind!tragic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not so much Galway. Bounced to After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dwayne3427

I am looking for a girlfriend and I hope that someone could suggest me a a good blind dating or speed dating address.

Blind dating

dwayne3427 wrote: »
    I am looking for a girlfriend and I hope that someone could suggest me a a good blind dating or speed dating address.

Blind dating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

dwayne3427 wrote: »

Blind dating

Better than my radio scripts there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Go on that show, Dating In The Dark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Our Cilla, lorra lorra laughs... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a blind dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Once met a bird in Supermacs at 3am, got off with her, is that the same thing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

kfallon wrote: »
    Once met a bird in Supermacs at 3am, got off with her, is that the same thing???

in the voice of mills lane:

"I'll allow it!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭chiefbrody1974

yeah i went on one before, years ago. She was very insistant that we take a spin up the wicklow mountains afterwards. I was in work the next day early and borrowed my mates car so I couldnt go. I never heard from her again she supposedly moved to england. I tried desperately to get in contact with her, but never managed to track her down. Lovely girl too, Maura here name was, mauraaaaaaaa ah yes, hindley!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

As what Richard Gere did? I suppose she could have flown away, so it counts as consensual. The poor hamster, on the other hand, never had a chance. Poor sod. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Richard Gere..Hampster...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

You've made a fatal mistake... Run Kfallon... Ruuuuuuuuun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sykk wrote: »
    You've made a fatal mistake... Run Kfallon... Ruuuuuuuuun!

That was two greasy boxes I got me fingers into that night phnarr phnarr :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement