Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos to be fixed

• 21-09-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

I have three one-in-a-million photos that are dark and grainy and would really like to see fixed. Anybody know if I can do anything with them? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

So sorry I am new to this and don't even know if the rest of you can see the photos attached, since they do not actually show in the thread. Also they are all over 2 mgs but I think the uploading has reduced them in size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Looking at them I'd say the bright window light in the background threw off your camera's automatic exposure a bit.

My advice would be to re-take the photos (assuming that this is an option) and try to avoid placing your subject with their backs to such a bright window.

Edit: You want to reduce the amount of harsh light behind them and increase the softer/gentler lighter falling on their faces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Howya

They are in pretty bad shape to be honest. I've attached one of them and thats the best I can do with it. Someone else might be able to get it better but it will still be very noisy and blurred. It might be useable to you anyway. In future when taking a pic get the subject to look in the direction the light is coming from and it should work out better.

You can download it if you want here

JPB thanks for you response, I will bear that in mind from now on.

Ballyman thanks so much for that, I am going to print that out tomorrow, taking them again is not an option so I really appreciate your time.

Ballyman, if it's not too much to ask, will you be able to tell me how you did that so I can try and do it myself and preserve the original size of the photo plus try to touch up the other ones as well. Very much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Use any photo editing program to up the exposure a little bit is the easiest way to do it.

Advertisement