Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stepaside park Luas access

Options
  • 21-09-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HI Guys,
    Like many people in stepaside I bought An apartement with the understanding that a footpath was going to be built to provide access for the residents of stepaside park to the Luas line. Infact it seems everyone was told this by the estate agents and I believe also that the builder had promised this. It now seems that this is not going ahead and we are going to have to walk 4km to the nearest luas stop. I have spoken to My local TD Olivia Mitchell (FG) and she has tried to help out here but it seems her hands are tied. There was an article about this in the Dublin people but I cant believe this farce is not getting more attention. I feel completely robbed here, can anyone advise?

here is the article by the way;

http://www.dublinpeople.com/content/view/3688/57/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

HI Guys,
    Like many people in stepaside I bought An apartement with the understanding that a footpath was going to be built to provide access for the residents of stepaside park to the Luas line. Infact it seems everyone was told this by the estate agents and I believe also that the builder had promised this. It now seems that this is not going ahead and we are going to have to walk 4km to the nearest luas stop. I have spoken to My local TD Olivia Mitchell (FG) and she has tried to help out here but it seems her hands are tied. There was an article about this in the Dublin people but I cant believe this farce is not getting more attention. I feel completely robbed here, can anyone advise?

here is the article by the way;

http://www.dublinpeople.com/content/view/3688/57/

Hi there,

The footpath is open already and you can access through it to the Luas. To stay in touch with these matters, you should either read our local newsletter online at: www.belarmineplaza.com or login to www.facebook.com/belarmine. Both these channels are there to provide you about valuable information on three rock mountain area (stepaside, belarmine, aikens village etc.).

Hope this helps :)

- Johnny

::EDIT - Footpath only exist in the belarmine/aikens village area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alan stepaside park

Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply. Its great for you guys but I am in stepaside park! and promises by park developments have been broken. :mad:

Thanks for your help tho!

Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply. Its great for you guys but I am in stepaside park! and promises by park developments have been broken. :mad:

Thanks for your help tho!

Well, there is another way to get the footpath done asap. Contact Lettie McCarthy as she is the An Cathaoirleach of Dun Laoghaire County Council. Here's her email: lmccarthy@cllr.dlrcoco.ie

She is yer best chance to get things done in these neighbourhoods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Lettie tends to be fairly decent and get things done + her daughter is hawt!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Hiya

We own an apartment in s'side park too, and you are right about the access. When we bought in 2001 we were told that eventually our access would be from the Ballyogan road rather than from Stepaside.
    There was planning for blah blah blah ...

I was hoping that there would at least be some sort of development in place for us down to the Luas station. Obviously not, however the land IS owned by McGarrell Reilly. I also cannot get any answer from the Management company " not our issue etc".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

sorry for resurrecting an old topic. Thinking of buying in Stepside park and as I am not driving I would rely on luas most of the time.
    Is there any any plans of connecting Stepaside park or any surrounding estates on to Ballyogan road, to get easier access to luas??

Also how safe is it for a single woman in Stepside park, during all hours of the day?

Totally safe, no access to ballyogan road

Advertisement