Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COULD YOU HAVE A CHILD IN GALWAY AS A RESULT OF A ONE NIGHT STAND?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Firstly, please do not judge me on what I am about to write as it has taken me 15 long years to do so.

In Sept / Oct 95 I had a noe night stand and as a result became pregnant. My child was born the following Summer. I have often wondered over the years about my childs father but only now circumstances have allowed me to try and make contact. He is blissfully unaware of my childs existence at all.

He was down from Dublin with 3 or 4 other guys and at the time worked for Ariston in Dublin and was in Galway for the weekend as we were.He was tall, fair and sallow skinned and would have been aged 21- 25 at the time which would now make him about 36 - 40. He was staying at a B&B off Eyre Sq where we returned after meeting in a club at the top of Eyre Sq earlier on in the night. The next morning he walked me to the end of Eyre Sq where I got a taxi.

Why look to make contact now you may ask...:rolleyes:?

My child has grown up to be the best thing that has happened in my life to date and makes me so proud.We have done well for ourselves and I regret not trying to trace him sooner. It is for no other reason apart from the hope that this person may come forward and my child may get to know their biological father and to ease my conscience also regarding the circumstances in which I became pregnant.

So if you are the person or were part of that group please PM. Discretion and confidentiality assured.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

If you have his name you could try to contact the company? Just a thought. My friend was the results of a ONS and has a reasonable relationship with her father now, asked him to her wedding and all. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Firstly, please do not judge me on what I am about to write as it has taken me 15 long years to do so.

In Sept / Oct 95 I had a noe night stand and as a result became pregnant. My child was born the following Summer. I have often wondered over the years about my childs father but only now circumstances have allowed me to try and make contact. He is blissfully unaware of my childs existence at all.

He was down from Dublin with 3 or 4 other guys and at the time worked for Ariston in Dublin and was in Galway for the weekend as we were.He was tall, fair and sallow skinned and would have been aged 21- 25 at the time which would now make him about 36 - 40. He was staying at a B&B off Eyre Sq where we returned after meeting in a club at the top of Eyre Sq earlier on in the night. The next morning he walked me to the end of Eyre Sq where I got a taxi.

Why look to make contact now you may ask...:rolleyes:?

My child has grown up to be the best thing that has happened in my life to date and makes me so proud.We have done well for ourselves and I regret not trying to trace him sooner. It is for no other reason apart from the hope that this person may come forward and my child may get to know their biological father and to ease my conscience also regarding the circumstances in which I became pregnant.

So if you are the person or were part of that group please PM. Discretion and confidentiality assured.;)

Good luck with that! It would take a big man to step up to the plate 15 years later. You might have more luck posting it in the Dublin Forums? Not to knock you or anything but I think that age group would be more prone to reading the advertiser than posting on here. I don't suppose you got a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

I think u are very brave,yes u should try to make contact,I would do as the other poster said and contact the dublin company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I hope things go good for you, and more so for your child,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

God ye must all be so perfect judging this woman, we don't know what age she was, what situation she found herself in. Surely minding her child was her priority and it sounds like she did a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Good luck with your search OP.

A Dublin person is unlikely to be lurking our Galway City forum.

Try posting in the Dublin city forum, or using a phone book or face book if you know his name.

Deleting OT posts.

/moderation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement