Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on taking a year out.

Options
  • 21-09-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hey there.

I got the results to my repeat exams last week and it turns out I failed two. It was mainly my own fault. I should have studied more. So instead of wallowing in self-pity, I have decided to make this a great year instead of a bad one. I'm going to throw myself into activities (clubs, societies etc.) boost my CV which is lacking in achievements and do something great (e.g. a skydive) and some charity work.

Essentially, I want to change my life for the better. I want to break the old cycle of 'go to college, come home, watch TV and go out'. I want to become involved.

I know the direction i want to head in so i guess my question is; has anyone been in this situation before? Any tips? Anyone have any other suggestions on what I can do?

Hopefully I'll pick up some part-time work aswell, but the money problem is on my side, fortunately.

They are both semester two modules so i basically have until January/February free.

Thanks in advance.:)

Advertisement