Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Detroit 1-8-7 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

This was one of the better new shows to kick off last week. I thought, from the trailer, that the documentary format of the show would annoy me, but it didn't differ all too much from most of the other cop shows that use shaky cams regularly. And because its supposed to be recorded and broadcast on TV, it made sense for the curse words to be bleeped out (compared to how its handled in Southland, for example. I mean, what the ****?!:p)

Cast wise, I didnt immediately hate anyone, which is a good sign. Not really enough time to get a feel for anyone in particular, given how many different characters were thrown at us in the first episode.
    My only complaint would be that the resolution towards the end of the episode
    when the shooter was talked down, while the rest of the WHOLE cast listened in
    seemed a bit over the top.
    Other than that, I'm hopeful for future episodes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/19/michael-imperioli-detroit-1-8-7-renewal/
    While pleased as punch with the quality of his show, star Michael Imperioli isn’t feeling so optimistic about a second-season pickup for the ABC cop drama. So far this season, the series is ranked No. 51 among total viewers (7.6 million) and No. 77 among adults 18-49 (1.8 rating/5 share).
    “You know, we’ll see. I’m not overly confident about it,” Imperioli tells EW. “I think the show’s good enough. There are a lot of stories to tell. I think it will only get better in the future, but that has to do with a lot of factors that are out of my control.
    “I’ve been disappointed that it hasn’t done as well in the numbers,” continues Imperioli, who plays Det. Louis Fitch. “And I think that it’s hard on network television because there’s a lot of competition. You really have to grab people in the time slot and it’s just been a little bit … I don’t think that a lot of people really know that we’re on the air. I think that the people who do know really like it. We do have a lot of loyal fans. Primarily, it’s in the demographic — 18 to 49, whatever. I don’t know how that works that we’re not doing as good. We had some good overall numbers for a while, but you know, these things are hard to predict. They’re out of our hands. We’re doing the best we can do. The work has been really good. So I’m not complaining.”

Starts on RTE 2 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

i watched this last night.

hadnt heard anything about it so wasnt prejudiced in any way.

it was an ok show, but a few of the "major" points in the show just switched me off from it.

the stare down, the talk down and the final scene.

the final scene especially, i could see something coming 2 miles away!

would be that bothered about watching it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The show is toast...it'll 1 billion per cent be cancelled!

• Advertisement

^ F*ck was going to stick with it :( I liked Michael Imperioli's character Fitch a bit of an oddball but the most interesting character on the show for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bit of a bump

Going through the series and enjoying it
    Bit gritty but in a good way
    Man, Detriot is an awful state. Some beautiful buildings and entire areas just being left to rot

It's an above average show in my opinion

Though not as good as Chicago Code which got cancelled :mad:

This show got cancelled too which is a shame but it's work checking out. Far better then a lot of cop shows out there

Advertisement