Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adventure Pursuits Society

• 21-09-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Set up my adventure pursuits society today. Find us on facebook here (click me)

Basically it'll entail(and I apologise in advance for spelling errors. I'm in a rush):

Abseiling,
    Rock Climbing
    Mountaineering
    Clay Pideon Shooting
    Camping
    Kayacking

and ehh....you know, outdoorsey stuff! :D

It's pretty much an outdoor pursuits society....but I thought Adventure Pursuits would sould better.:cool:

Anyway, don't forget to sign up!

I'll also neeed help in running it (since I'm also largely involved in the airsoft society) so feel free to volunteer.

Email account for it is: adventureitb@gmail.com

Or leave a comment here or send me a PM.

Website on the way :D

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Best o' Luck mate. sounds deadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

dude this society is gonna be a beast :D especially if we go camping :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

donfarrell wrote: »
    dude this society is gonna be a beast :D especially if we go camping :L

Fixed that for you ;)

And thanks, I hope so! College has a discount with Xtreme.ie so will be working stuff out with them for starters.

so whens the first meeting of this club anyway? :p and how many members ya got so far? :)

around maybe 15 sign up's which is ok, but not great.

Since it's a new society, most people won't sign up until they see you or hear of you having an event.

Will have a meeting next week, and then head on our first outing. After that I'd say we'll get a load of members.

• Advertisement

ye well that was the same with airsoft last year wasnt it?
    Like about that many were actually in the soc :L This year I think they filled their sheet :)

But I really hope this society wont get canned cause I'm so syked for this one its mad lol

p.s is there funding for sky diving? :P

donfarrell wrote: »
    ye well that was the same with airsoft last year wasnt it?
    Like about that many were actually in the soc :L This year I think they filled their sheet :)

But I really hope this society wont get canned cause I'm so syked for this one its mad lol

p.s is there funding for sky diving? :P

Dude, it won't get cannned! This is me we're talking about :D;)

I'm thinking for the first outing we'll head to www.xtreme.ie and we'll do rock climbing, abseiling, clay pigeon shooting, and a few other stuff. That way there'll hopefully be something for everyone (for example if someone is afraid of heights etc).

There is funding for skydiving, as my dad is part of a skydiving/parachute group. He should be able to get us a whopper discount (every time he jumps it costs like 50 quid). So yeah, would be great for a charity fundraiser too. Although I'm told that it's absolutely terrifying!!! :D

Oh ye i forgot it was you ;)

Ye thats sounds awesome :) pricey too lol

Ah man that would be great :D thats on my things to-do in life list :rolleyes:

Ok folks. Coming up with ideas for the first outing. So far I have a package consisting, of an aerial trek, zip line, rock climbing, log swing, abseiling, archery, and some other activities. All would be on the same day.. Price is looking to be about 25 euro for the full day and all activities. But that's only an estimate for now. If anyone has an idea of what to do or what they'd like to do, please do share!!

xtreme.ie is the place we'll be doing it at, so check out what they do and come back with any ideas you have yourself if you like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Mountaineering
    Clay Pideon Shooting
    Camping
    Kayacking

I'm interested in all of these, preferably the kayacking, i hear ITT has a good kayacking club, maybe worth contacting them about it, prob get some kinda collaboration going on, sharing boats and gear etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Xios wrote: »
    Mountaineering
    Clay Pideon Shooting
    Camping
    Kayacking

You dont have time to do any of these edit the movie goddamnit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

You dont have time to do any of these edit the movie goddamnit

Now that i've done that.
    Has this society taken off? my previous post still stands, it's all stuff i wanna do*

*for free :)

Nah society dead unfortunately.

Was a poor year for socs and my lazyness.

Advertisement