Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roskilde 2011

Options
  • 21-09-2010 4:39pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Iron Maiden have been confirmed for next year's Roskilde Festival in Denmark.

Iron Maiden are the first band to be confirmed for next year's four days of music from Thursday 30th June until Sunday 3rd July 2011 at Roskilde, in Denmark.

Bruce Dickinson and co. recently released their 15th studio album, 'The Final Frontier', which reached number 1 on the national charts in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway. The British heavy metal heroes have appeared at Northern Europe's biggest festival in 1991, 2000 and 2003. Iron Maiden's return to Roskilde will see the band continue their 'The Final Frontier World Tour' into 2011.

"We are as proud and happy as can be. Having Iron Maiden on the festival poster signals rock attitude, music history and tons of party energy at the same time. It is so great to have them back," says Roskilde's head of music Rikke Øxner.

Steve Harris of Iron Maiden added, "Roskilde Festival has always been very special for Iron Maiden. There's an amazing atmosphere about the place and the crowd are real party animals! We've heard the festival vibe is now better than ever, and as we've not been there since 2003 we're really looking forward to finding out if that's true."

Early bird tickets are priced at 1675 DKK (£200) for the four days and are not yet on sale. Early bird tickets will go on sale on Thursday 1st December 2010.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So Rock Werchter wil have these too I'd guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Roskilde is definitely at or near the top of the next continental music festival I'd love to try list. Always has a great diverse lineup that's right up my alley.
    Mushy wrote: »
    So Rock Werchter wil have these too I'd guess?

Maiden are regular Graspop stalwarts so it's more likely they'll end up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Wow that's announcing early. £200 for an early bird??? crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

£200 for an early bird??? crazy...

I'd gladly pay whatever that is in euros based on previous lineups. And I hear there's more than just the music too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'd gladly pay whatever that is in euros based on previous lineups. And I hear there's more than just the music too.

I'll google the line ups now. But every festival has a bit more than just the music :p:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'll google the line ups now. But every festival has a bit more than just the music :p:)

Not all have 4 days queuing and mud showers though:D

Thinking if I do go festival next year (by if I mean when), I'm thinking of boat and train. Take a bit longer, but no airport/airline hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fitzy.

anyone going??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

I've been a few times but won't make it this year. The best European festival I've been to. Although the price may seem steep, we used to stay at the site for 6 nights (not sure if you can still do that). The festival site has it's own train station, operational for one week per year, costing 10 Kroner to Roskilde town where you can stock up on beer and food from the supermarkets.

Advertisement