Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you have a child in Galway as a result of a One Night Stand

Options
  • 21-09-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Firstly, please do not judge me on what I am about to write as it has taken me 15 long years to do so.

In Sept / Oct 95 I had a noe night stand and as a result became pregnant. My child was born the following Summer. I have often wondered over the years about my childs father but only now circumstances have allowed me to try and make contact. He is blissfully unaware of my childs existence at all.

He was down from Dublin with 3 or 4 other guys and at the time worked for Ariston in Dublin and was in Galway for the weekend as we were.He was tall, fair and sallow skinned and would have been aged 21- 25 at the time which would now make him about 36 - 40. He was staying at a B&B off Eyre Sq where we returned after meeting in a club at the top of Eyre Sq earlier on in the night. The next morning he walked me to the end of Eyre Sq where I got a taxi.

Why look to make contact now you may ask...rolleyes.gif?

My child has grown up to be the best thing that has happened in my life to date and makes me so proud.We have done well for ourselves and I regret not trying to trace him sooner. It is for no other reason apart from the hope that this person may come forward and my child may get to know their biological father and to ease my conscience also regarding the circumstances in which I became pregnant.

So if you are the person or were part of that group please PM. Discretion and confidentiality assured.wink.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,593 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Firstly, please do not judge me on what I am about to write as it has taken me 15 long years to do so.

In Sept / Oct 95 I had a noe night stand and as a result became pregnant. My child was born the following Summer. I have often wondered over the years about my childs father but only now circumstances have allowed me to try and make contact. He is blissfully unaware of my childs existence at all.

He was down from Dublin with 3 or 4 other guys and at the time worked for Ariston in Dublin and was in Galway for the weekend as we were.He was tall, fair and sallow skinned and would have been aged 21- 25 at the time which would now make him about 36 - 40. He was staying at a B&B off Eyre Sq where we returned after meeting in a club at the top of Eyre Sq earlier on in the night. The next morning he walked me to the end of Eyre Sq where I got a taxi.

My child has grown up to be the best thing that has happened in my life to date and makes me so proud.We have done well for ourselves and I regret not trying to trace him sooner. It is for no other reason apart from the hope that this person may come forward and my child may get to know their biological father and to ease my conscience also regarding the circumstances in which I became pregnant.

So if you are the person or were part of that group please PM. Discretion and confidentiality assured.wink.gif
    You werent on the Ray Darcy show recently?
    There was a very similiar story and I wasnt sure how it had turned out.

Difficult situation to be honest - but fair play for trying to sort things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Sweetestthing: I was really moved by your very brave post and I really hope for you and your precious son that you get some positive news.
    I think it would also take a very brave man to now step forward if there was a possibility it could be him!

I always remember 1995 as it was a scorching Summer and Dublin won the All-Ireland :)

I really wish you and your son the best of luck with your quest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Can you not remember his name?
    If you did you could contact the company he used to work for and maybe one of them still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Unhelpful replies deleted.. Stop acting the sack lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

I think i fail to see the validity of the op and indeed the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You've had one post already deleted from here, so if this thread upsets you that much - Don't post in this thread again.

HB

Advertisement