Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone - lyit mail servers?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Managed to get my iphone connected to the wifi, but can't figure out the mail server names for the lyit email.

Does anyone know the Incoming/Outgoing mail server host names?

I went to the help desk, but they didn't know I could connect an iphone! :D

edit: I've tried incoming as "mail.lyit.ie" and outgoing as "smtp.lyit.ie" - no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

try pop.lyit.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I'd prefer an IMAP set up - so I've tried imap.lyit.ie - Fail!

I get an error saying, "Cannot Connect Using SSL", and then "Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?".
    Even trying that, it fails.

I've just tried setting up a POP account, using pop.lyit.ie, but it didn't work either.
    I get the same SSL issue as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

dunno if this is any good to ya.... i found it in an old thread! dont know anything about iphones to be honest :D someone else posted this way back!!

Basic instructions for getting ipod touch or iPhone onto LYIT Wi-Fi:

When you access the Wi-Fi Settings, you will see the LYIT-Student option appear. Ignore it. It does not have the correct security settings for accessing the network.
    Instead there should be a tab underneath called "Other..."

When you access this option, you need to enter the SSID of the network (LYIT-Student), it is case sensitive, and set the security to "WPA Enterprise".

2 new fields appear that allow you to enter your username and password, those being your L000 number and your account password, same as setting up the laptop.

After that the ipod connects and there is full access to the internet. I haven't encountered any problams at all.

Advertisement