Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Jaziz! There's about 1,000 people queueing around 2 sides of George's Dock to get into the Oktoberfest at the mo!!:eek:

At least you can get a beer & a sausage while you queue I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Spent an hour in the pissing rain the other day to get in but by god it was worth it. Absolutely savage time and now going to the real thing in Munich next year.

Anyone know the "Die Kruger" or whatever it was song they were playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

10 days just is not enough!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brettharting

It sounds like great fun. I have never been but was just reading about it there on festivals.ie
    http://festivals.ie/show/218/food-and-drink/oktoberfest-dublin

There is a very good video there worth watching. Sorry I don't know how to embed it in this comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

An Oktoberfest in September - only in Ireland??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Words cannot describe your fail.
    Oktoberfest is a 16-day festival held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany, running from late September to the first weekend in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Oktoberfest always begins in mid-late September, even in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

No. Germany too funnily enough.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ouch! :p

Thinking of going to this Friday evening. Seems you need a wristband past 10pm which costs 12 euro ,five euro of which goes towards food to soak up the beer. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Just wondering were many people down over the past couple of days, what were the queues like?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

****ing manic. Couldn't get near the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Arrived about half four yesterday and could just stroll down the platform and into the tent without queuing once. Best advice is go early

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It was appalling last year. So over priced. Went there with some Germans, they couldn't believe the limited selection of booze or the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Went there thursday night around 20h, no queue at all. Could go in no problems. Friday evening was different, a very long queue and the stewards left only a handful of people in every few minutes. Couldn't be arsed waiting so long.

Wristbands are 6€, and you receive a 5€ food voucher for it.
    1 liter glasses of Erdinger/Fischers Hell are 10€ + 5€ warranty for the first glass.
    A pint is 6€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Was there on Saturday. Prices gone up again for beer this year. 6 euro for a pint of erdinger is ridiculus. Wrist bands are 6 euro which have to be purchased after 10pm due to irish licensing laws in an attempt to make you eat something. Too expensive to have an enjoyable night there especially when used to paying 2-3 euro for beer or food in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Was there last night, massive queues to get in and even more queues to buy a drink. We were only there for a while so just got a couple of wristbands between a few of us so we all didn't have to pay €6 (handy if those people don't mind getting the drinks).
    UDP wrote: »
    Wrist bands are 6 euro which have to be purchased after 10pm due to irish licensing laws in an attempt to make you eat something.
    I noticed this on their website/facebook. I've never heard of any Irish licensing laws that require me to pay €6 to eat something so I can enjoy a few drinks, stupid really. I had just stuffed my face before heading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm still waiting for some bright brain in the organisation to use the whole surface in the dock, instead of the tiny platform surrounded by water. Just dry it up! Maybe next year they'll know how to use all that space... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Barna77 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for some bright brain in the organisation to use the whole surface in the dock, instead of the tiny platform surrounded by water. Just dry it up! Maybe next year they'll know how to use all that space... :rolleyes:

Well it does supply that other little square near the vaults and you are forgetting the additional cost and putrid smell that this would cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Barna77 wrote: »
    Apparently it costs an absolute fortune to make it bigger so they don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Went last night, no queues, got a table grand! Haha, kinda like the feeling of drinking from the big tankard :)

The food all looked epic too, got myself a chocolate crepe! Gonna go back tomorrow night before a gig, have a beer and get some of that haribo pick and mix, looked good.... You'd be broke afterwards though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement