Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get photos printed

• 21-09-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Never used one of those digital photo printing machines before so wanted some advice.
    I have a wedding photo I would like to englarge. CUrrently in the photo album the one i want is 8.5" X 6"

Can those machines take the image from my cd and enlarge it beyond that size and keep the same ratio?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Cringer wrote: »
    I have a wedding photo I would like to englarge. CUrrently in the photo album the one i want is 8.5" X 6"

Can those machines take the image from my cd and enlarge it beyond that size and keep the same ratio?

It will depend on the quality of the image you have on CD. It is possible it can be printed larger, although at the same time, it might not be quality enough.

Check the file properties on the CD. It may give you the image dimensions and the file size.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Hi Paul,

2592 X 3872 are the dimensions.
    Size of image is 6.75MB.

Are these dimensions ok and can I get the image enlarged in those machines?

Yeah, sounds like those files should be large enough to print a larger size.

It now just depends on how large you want to print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

If this print is going to be framed, then I would suggest you look at getting a good quality print rather than getting it from one of the self service booths.

I would suggest you contact Steve in 360-dpi.com he not only will be able to do a good print but can advise you on best sizes, in fact he'll even frame it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

bit off topic but ....did you take the photo or is it an image supplied by a photographer (you may not be allowed to print it...if a photographer took it - depends on your agreement.)

• Advertisement

I'd assume that the OP was given license to print by the photographer, especially when such large files were provided on CD.

Advertisement