Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hard drive 2TB

• 21-09-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭

amazon.co.uk free shipping £97 from amazon,for a 2tb external.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hego19

A link would be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

horse7 wrote: »
    amazon.co.uk free shipping £97 from amazon,for a 2tb external.
    £97 gets you a USB 2.0 1 TB External Hard Drive, so that can't be it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Is this it OP?

Thanks for posting and not to find fault..... but as a buyer beware mention - There's some talk of a few issues, small 8MB Buffer and slow RPMs in the Reviews.

P.S. Will edit my post if its another product etc.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭horse7

sorry its £95 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Elements-External-Desktop/dp/B003IPC21Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=computers&qid=1285090976&sr=8-1 hope the link works.the one i ordered was £97,maybe there going down in price.read the first few reviews and for my purpose its fine.

No its not - its a Queens penny cheaper now @ £94.99!!!!

- It was £95 when I checked it actually earlier.

Might drop another bit Folks...... or else go out of stock - your call :eek:

- Do read the reviews though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

How 'bout this for £80?

podge3 wrote: »
    How 'bout this for £80?

That was def. £85 about an hour ago is now showing as £79 - I know from the reviews its the one I was looking at.....

- Seems like a great deal, am tempted.

EDIT - Has shot up to £87.94 now - I wonder if the amount of hits it gets kick off an some sort of pricing review? (automatic or otherwise)

EDIT 2 - Dropped a small bit again, seems to change every few minutes - Hitting F5 is full of surprises, had no idea Amazon was like that.

good price if you want an internel hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

imho big USB drives are a pain in the a** as they are so slow. An internal drive is so much better as is an external eSata drive.

how much would an external esata 2t cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Raiser wrote: »
    Is this it OP?

Thanks for posting and not to find fault..... but as a buyer beware mention - There's some talk of a few issues, small 8MB Buffer and slow RPMs in the Reviews.

I bought one of those a couple of weeks ago and am well happy with it. In order to encrypt it with truecrypt I had to partition it first, as truecrypt somehow wasn't able to handle the whole 2TB, but with 2x1TB it works very well, although I have only encrypted one of them so far. Buffer size is 32MB.
    It is indeed not the fastest drive on the market, but if used for backup (as I am doing it) that is of little concern. The only real downside for me is that the drive misses a physical power switch, so you always have to unplug after use.
    See pic for specs.

thats interesting.the one i have isnt recognised by my dvd player,so i cant plug into the usb slot of the dvd player and watch movies.do you think if i partitioned it ,i might work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

horse7 wrote: »
    thats interesting.the one i have isnt recognised by my dvd player,so i cant plug into the usb slot of the dvd player and watch movies.do you think if i partitioned it ,i might work.

Chances are it came formatted as NTFS, you'll need to use Swissknife or somesuch to format it as FAT32 if you want to use it with most devices.
    It isn't an easy process to convert from NTFS to FAT32, so be prepared to wipe it completely and start all over

im using a 500gb h/drive at the minute thats ntfs formatted and it works fine with the dvd player.

Advertisement