Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dear Santa...

Options
  • 21-09-2010 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

I know, I know, it's TOOOOO early. :D

However. Leatherman are releasing a new toy very shortly (allegedly available to purchase in October):
    The Leatherman MUT

'Twould be a very tasty bit of kit to find in the ould stocking on the morning of December 25th.

Just saying; hints have to be dropped and all that. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Thats a nice bit of kit there, i flicked off before i saw a price so how much???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

In the US$150 area, according to the few places I found listing them in anticipation of the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Nice tool and especially as it's focused towards the tacticool section.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm a huge fan of Leatherman tools and have bought many over the years the latest of which bing the Charge TTi.

That one looks the dogs though. For what its worth Petersons in Grafton st - Dublin are the ones i've always dealt with. First by buying direct from them, then by getting from their suppliers/agents around the country, the nearest of which to me is Alo Donegans in Portlaoise.

PS - Its never too early. I always do out my list the day after Christmas and start droping hints straight after the B-day. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

ezridax wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of Leatherman tools and have bought many over the years the latest of which bing the Charge TTi.

That one looks the dogs though. For what its worth Petersons in Grafton st - Dublin are the ones i've always dealt with. First by buying direct from them, then by getting from their suppliers/agents around the country, the nearest of which to me is Alo Donegans in Portlaoise.

PS - Its never too early. I always do out my list the day after Christmas and start droping hints straight after the B-day. :D

What kind of money did you pay for the charge TTi Ez? Just for comparison as I tried Petersons website but it does not have any prices?

You boys should be on commission as I am definately getting my hands on one of those MUT's.

I got myself a bunch of Mag Lites (The 2D Cell) in the States 3 weeks ago. $16 V €30 here. Sorry gone off topic....

• Advertisement

€180 if memory serves me. Was about a year or so ago.

Still worth every penny. I love the service you get from Letherman. Had one of their older models and accidentally snapped the tip of the cutting blade. Was going around with it like that for a while then a friend suggested i conyscy Leatherman directly about it. I did, and they told me to post the tool to them. 4-5 weeks later i got it back with new blade and a customer service letter thanking me for my custom and contact details for any other queries. Since lost that letter :mad:.

Top class service.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dunno Rovi, I've got a Wave in my toolkit but to be honest, I rarely use it unless I need a pliers; if I replaced it with an actual pliers, I wouldn't miss the Wave. And I'd probably have a better pliers.

Its like any gadget, accessory, tool, "toy". You need to ask yourself do you really need it before buying. I have used most every accessory on all mine through work, hobby, necessity. I do have other gadgets that i bought on a "whim", but rarely if ever use.

True. Mine was a gift - I don't think I'd have gotten one myself because I already had the swiss army knife that did most of what the leatherman did in a smaller, lighter package.
    Though the pliers is bloody useful every so often...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I carry a Charge on my belt every working day, and couldn't live without it.
    It gets used multiple times every day for all sorts of stuff, and I find the pliers to be rather good to be honest.

I have another one in the range box and it gets used for something pretty much every time I'm out too.

I can see the range box one being replaced by the MUT at some point; the shooting-specific tools on it look just too useful (bronze carbon scraper, scope spanner, removable punch, cleaning rod adaptor, plus a good selection of screwdriver types and sizes).

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    ..... Mine was a gift - ...

Sweet. I had to buy all my own. :(

[/mumble]
    ............... miserable friends/family, drop hints and get lousey socks instead .............
    [/mumble]

You think you're jealous of that present? :D
    Here's the last present I got from herself indoors:

20100917_023a.jpg

Okay ............. hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm ........................

........................ back in a minute, just going to throw some abuse at "some people" and make sure they get their act together.:D

Yes, well, there was a bit of a catch in that it was an exchange of gifts y'see. I got those, she got this:

dscf5172a.jpg

I'm told that apparently it would have been cheaper to buy my own sights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I also have a Leatherman in my Range bag - it's as important as my eye and ear protection.

On shooting duty it doesn't get a whole load of use - but on RO duty - it rarely goes back in the pouch.

Very handy around the house also - The Other day I needed to cut and crimp a steel cable - rooted around in the toolbox for something to do it with - no joy - - enter leatherman - the cutters on the pliers made short work of the steel cable and the pliers crimped it nicely.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

check out www.americanexports.ie
    ive bought from them a couple of times very fast shipping and cheapest around
    i got my Tti from them for about €110 and a New Wave for €90 all with free shipping
    there prices change week by week

Advertisement