Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huntoffice , no chair , just chocolate !!

Options
  • 21-09-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭andy1249

Anyone had any issues dealing with Huntoffice?

http://www.huntoffice.ie/?gclid=CP-2jaqEmaQCFUg24wodvQszFQ

I ordered an office chair off them.
    Strangely enough , they threw in a free packet of kit kats with the order :confused:

A bit weird , buy hey.

Anyway today , a delivery driver pulls up , comes to the door with just a packet of kit kats , and expects me to sign this as a complete order !!
    No sign of the chair , I asked the driver about the chair , he says all he has is the kit kats !!

I told him thats not my order and I wont be signing anything and sent him away.
    I called Huntoffice and they said my chair would be delivered later. Still no sign of the chair and Im thinking about ringing Visa.

Anybody else have trouble with this crowd ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,595 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh dear, I just ordered a table from them yesterday, first order :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭andy1249

I wouldnt panic just yet , just that the chocolate thing threw me , its my first order with them too and todays shenanigans had my thinking "Scam".

If I'd signed then I wouldnt have much of a comeback. I didnt , lets see what happens tomorrow , if I dont get my chair then I ring Visa and do a chargeback.

I don't think they are a dodgy website, but a delivery man who would just deliver a packet of kitkats sounds a bit moronic. The chocolate is a freebie, they mention it on the website, I was told I would get a desk tidy :D

Note to self - tell DH NOT to sign form unless it looks like a table is being delivered....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

Sorry i've no advice but thats hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

sorry...can't stop laughing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,566 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is it a biscuit? Is it a bar? Is it a chair? Sorry cant help either but this is so funny. Wonder what the courier company got paid to deliver a KitKat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I wouldnt stress, prob just a mix up, if I am correct in my thinking Hunts have been a major office supplier here for years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well if it was my missus and someone asked her to sign for free chocolates I know what would have happened:rolleyes:

I ordered a calculator off them before, a type I couldn't find in the shops but had to be used for an exam :rolleyes:
    Got it no trouble. Got a 2nd one free also :confused:

Update:

The showed up with "A" chair this morning , nothing like the one I ordered , and when I checked up on the site , the item they sent is a considerably cheaper stock item than the one I ordered.

Ive been on to them and the guy is due to ring me back after he finds out what happened ....

Im not happy with this service at all .... wont be using them again and wouldnt recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

got 5 or 6 deliveries off them and ill use them again, i phone orders in and I can bargain them to match another supplier or get a discount on re order products

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This takes the biscuit. Never mind two fingers, I 'd give them the four. From the kitkat. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

all this stress, I think you need to have a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I love their blatant rip off of the Lidl 'Cheaper' images!

They got back to me , they will pick up the wrong item tomorrow , they cant tell me when I'll have the correct one , just that its not in stock anywhere !!!

So , these guys have sent a courier to me twice already , and assuming they arrive tomorrow for the pick up and then again for the correct item. That will be four times theyve been to me.

They must be needlessly spending a fortune on couriers.

They can have the Kit Kats back as well , hate the damn things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,566 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Tell em to take back the KitKats and to send another courier with a Yorkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭Archeron

I've used this company before and always found them to be great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D Well that just takes the biscuit.

andy1249 wrote: »
    They can have the Kit Kats back as well , hate the damn things.

Send the courier to me ill take those lovely Kit Kats off your hands.

My table arrived today - haven't looked at it yet but it got here no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

And more importantly looksee,did they send on the KitKats?

greetings wrote: »
    And more importantly looksee,did they send on the KitKats?

Ah no, you have to spend some incredible amount of money to get kitkats, I got a little plastic desk tidy.

They picked up the cheap chair yesterday , they now tell me they cannot deliver the item I ordered until the 8th October.

Slightly off topic, but Asda Direct will deliver to any store, so you order of them and get in Newry or eniskillen.

I got this office chair the other day from them.

http://direct.asda.com/Executive-Chair/001743988,default,pd.html

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Just going to weigh in here - we use Hunt Office ourselves and have never had any issues. Occasionally things ship from two seperate warehouses particularily with furniture. Also if an item is out of stock it doesn't delay the order and is shipped seperately. It is a cost to them for sure but it buys customer loyalty. Sounds like one of those situations where whatever could go wrong did go wrong with the wrong chair being delivered :D Hopefully it won't put you off using them again as they are genuinely worth sticking with. :)

Wow ! Complete turnaround here.

As said , the wrong chair was picked up yesterday , now the one I want is completely out of production and cant be delivered at all , so someone from Huntoffice called me today , and told me that he was very sorry for the whole episode , and that I would be getting a full refund , "and" a free chair !!

Im impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

what about the chocolate?

I think I'll buy some Butlers with the refund :)

andy1249 wrote: »
    and that I would be getting a full refund , "and" a free chair !!

And what about the Kit Kats:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I ordered a whiteboard and 15 reams of paper, and received a desk, I havent advised them of the mistake yet, as I have been to busy,but I have never had an issue with other suppliers before and wont be using them again...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement