Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RDF barracks(Waterford?????)

• 21-09-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can set me right on this, its been wrecking my head today. So, is there any RDF training done in Waterford? I have went to http://www.military.ie/reserves/locator/index.htm?unit=40 and gone on the map, its says there is a barracks, but its not actually where it says on the map so I dont believe it.

I have gone to http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Ireland_Reserve.png which shows no mention of Waterford. having anything at all.

Please someone tell me whats the story, im pis**ed off from googling. So is there an active barracks in Waterford? If so do the have RDF training? If not whats the closest place that does RDF tranining?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭ak51535

Yes, there is, it's on green st off barracks street but theres only limited recruitment atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

ak51535 wrote: »
    Yes, there is, it's on green st off barracks street but theres only limited recruitment atm

Ok thanks alot, I was wondering what the story was cos I only knew of the old barracks(thats the youth center now).
    So to get to it just go to green street??

Yeah I know I rang a chap today and he had no idea when they were recruiting and say to ask Brain Cowen lol

Yeah its around the corner from the arch, its the old side entrance, last i heard only allowing people in who were on the books before the embargo, haha yup sounds like him alright to say that! :pac:

ak51535 wrote: »
    Yeah its around the corner from the arch, its the old side entrance, last i heard only allowing people in who were on the books before the embargo, haha yup sounds like him alright to say that! :pac:

Ah yeah I have it now :D Yeah sure thats only fair i suppose, how do you get on the books in the first place? I gave my name and number to him is their anything else I can do? I heard the embargo will ease soon enough.

Yeah, people who had either their medicals or security clearence done before the embargo...ah thats grand, as long as they have your details, they'll give you a call as soon as things get good again! the cadre staff in there are good anyways!

• Advertisement

Just a shame that theres a list Im free for a full year and have plenty time to dedicate to the RDF. Ak51535 are your or where you a member in there? Information I hard enough to find.

pm sent.

Advertisement