Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Retail Store Poor Service

Options
  • 21-09-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

That retail outlet that promote itself with those horrible, annoying shouty ads really are piss poor when it comes to customer service. My mother bought a fridge on August 9th, paid in full for it and they still haven't delivered the feet for it almost 2 months later! I went in to them today to speak with the manager but got fobbed off by some <snip> salesman.
    I'm surprised by the poor customer service given the times we live in...

Rant mode off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Isle

If your talking about Harvey Norman, I'd go back to the store and cancel your order and get my money back. I have a few mates that work in their Parkwest warehouse and that's were most of their home deliveries come out of.

<Snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

your mates are mis informed -harvey norman posted 4.5% growth ,and capturing a bigger market share and are the third largest advertiser in ireland

why your friends are worried about thier jobs is that harveys are rumoured to be moving all thier satalite warehouses into more strategic centralised depots instead of the format they have now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Isle wrote: »
    ... <snip>...
    Did you read OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi OP - in order for us to help, can you give us a little more information on the timeline between ordering the fridge and now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

knighted_1 wrote: »
    your mates are mis informed -harvey norman posted 4.5% growth ,and capturing a bigger market share and are the third largest advertiser in ireland

And posting losses of €51Million annually??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

And posting losses of €51Million annually??

do you know why harveys are even in this country ?

harveys plough nearly that figure into thier irish advertising alone ,supporting the economy ,now i would much rather it be a homebred business that done this but harveys have just made a commitment to stay put here and ride the storm .

posting a loss could and can be for a number of reasons ,maybe a property value writedown ? or just heavy investment in the business which they have been doing ,expanding in a recession

they have just announced a new dublin based ceo ,to take thier operations to the next level

so if people are fearing for thier jobs its not because they are going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The current state of Harvey Norman's operations is not the question here. Please stick to the original topic

dudara

Advertisement