Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are these girls displaying positive body language ??

• 21-09-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Ok take two on this posting :).Just wanted to get your views on this. There are 2 parts to this posting.See below.

A) The first girl I see around quite frequently as we seem to run into one another quite alot.I don't actually know her name.Most communication between us is non-verbal,ie plenty of eye contact,though we have said a few words to each other on occasion.There often seems some nervousness on both our parts,in this case rubbing the back of the neck.

B) This part is slightly different and concerns someone who I don't see as often as the girl I spoke of above.She is on my bus from time to time. Though very attractive she kinda comes across as being a bit of an ice queen.Our 'interaction' is much more subdued in this case.The only things I can refer to regarding BL is occasional glances & body positioned towards one another.Not sure if I would call it significant or conclusive though !

Have a read of what I have said & let me know what you think.Thanks.

The Northern Lights :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

this isn't really a humanities issue, but i'm not sure where to send it.

Any suggestions?

mods - sorry if this is the wrong spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's not suited for here either.Third time lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The Northern Lights

I originally posted it in relationship issues but someone moved it.

sorry for all the bouncing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Both instances are probably you reading too much into things, although I suppose it depends what you mean by "positive body language".

If you mean are these girls giving you subtle indications that they are sexually attracted to you I would say most likely no.

Your best course of action is clearly to just actually talk to these girls and see what their attitude to you is, as their body language in that sort of situation would be far more telling.

Where is it's new home ?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ok take two on this posting :).Just wanted to get your views on this. There are 2 parts to this posting.See below.

A) The first girl I see around quite frequently as we seem to run into one another quite alot.I don't actually know her name.Most communication between us is non-verbal,ie plenty of eye contact,though we have said a few words to each other on occasion.There often seems some nervousness on both our parts,in this case rubbing the back of the neck.

B) This part is slightly different and concerns someone who I don't see as often as the girl I spoke of above.She is on my bus from time to time. Though very attractive she kinda comes across as being a bit of an ice queen.Our 'interaction' is much more subdued in this case.The only things I can refer to regarding BL is occasional glances & body positioned towards one another.Not sure if I would call it significant or conclusive though !

Have a read of what I have said & let me know what you think.Thanks.

The Northern Lights :)

I'll start with scenario B 'cos that's the one I relate to most. I'm one of those people that can come across as very confident but when it comes to matters of the heart, or just plain ole fancying the pants off somone I am about as shy as it is possible to be. I simply become paralysed around the object fo my desire and don't know what to say or do. To counteract looking like a fool I close down. When said handsome devil compares my usual open, confident behaviour with this mute fool, it has, on more than one occasion, lead to the (understandable) accusation that I am an ice-queen. So, imo lady B fancies you, she's just very shy.

Lady A: neck rubbing as opposed to hair rubbing is more down to general nerves, I think, as opposed to the jitters caused by being close to someone you fancy. Maybe she feels uncomfortable around you 'cos you keep staring?

I think Lady B definitely fancies you, not so sure about Lady A.

Only one real way to find out for sure, tho, eh?

Thanks Keane & Sardonicat for replying.Much appreciated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

your thinking too much Northern Lights..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Eh . . . . . .that post reads an awful lot like some who suffers from paranoia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

why o why do people insist in understanding body luangeg :rolleyes:

as means to telling if a womans attracted to you....
    If she likes you shel make it clear.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Ah but she won't though. Which is why so many guys wonder if girls are saying anything or not with body language.
    I've had girls tell me long after the fact that they were laying on flirtations through body language and subtle flirtations and I never picked up on it. Why? Because like 99.9% of guys in the world I need a kick up the arse to get the clue through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

why o why do people insist in understanding body luangeg :rolleyes:

as means to telling if a womans attracted to you....

this isnt the case...from a girl if i was either girl, unfortunately i would be thinking about being on the bus, what music im listening to, what make up to wear etc.

Unless a guy starts to make conversation with me, I would have absolutely no idea if he was into me. I rarely make eye contact with anyone and most of time if im by myself im in a world of my own.

Just talk to both girls. Stop guessing, as most likely they are thinking about what shoes etc to buy. You have to make a move...and if it comes to nothing...ask more and more girls until you get one who says yes.

Ah but she won't though. Which is why so many guys wonder if girls are saying anything or not with body language.
    I've had girls tell me long after the fact that they were laying on flirtations through body language and subtle flirtations and I never picked up on it. Why? Because like 99.9% of guys in the world I need a kick up the arse to get the clue through.

Im a girl and i too wouldnt get someones "flirts" unless they actually talk to me. Im really shy and assume all guys have girlfriends. (silly i know)...so we have to get out there talking to each other!! Girls are guessing and guys are guessing, but unless somebody makes a move you will be alone forever

Im a girl and i too wouldnt get someones "flirts" unless they actually talk to me. Im really shy and assume all guys have girlfriends. (silly i know)...so we have to get out there talking to each other!! Girls are guessing and guys are guessing, but unless somebody makes a move you will be alone forever

What I hate a lot is when you're out, spot someone and think that it'd be cool to get chatting to them. When they are alone; friend goes to the bar/bathroom etc, they whip out a mobile phone. The first thing that springs to mind is "she's texting her boyfriend".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What I hate a lot is when you're out, spot someone and think that it'd be cool to get chatting to them. When they are alone; friend goes to the bar/bathroom etc, they whip out a mobile phone. The first thing that springs to mind is "she's texting her boyfriend".

That's standard defense-mechanism stuff.

Being left on your own in a bar full of strangers is sub-consciously intimidating, so the sub-conscious mind reaches for something to do to relieve stress - in this case jabbing away at a phone keypad.

It's the same reason that if you ever catch a rabbit in a trap you'll find it munching on something, or why someone walking across a crowded floor will fiddle with their jewelry.

keane2097 wrote: »
    That's standard defense-mechanism stuff.

Being left on your own in a bar full of strangers is sub-consciously intimidating, so the sub-conscious mind reaches for something to do to relieve stress - in this case jabbing away at a phone keypad.

It's the same reason that if you ever catch a rabbit in a trap you'll find it munching on something, or why someone walking across a crowded floor will fiddle with their jewelry.

Oh don't I know it, I do it too. Can't help it being the first thing that pops into mind though.

i do this all the time and dont have a bf...hey next time just ask her for her phone number...worse she can say is no ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

i do this all the time and dont have a bf...hey next time just ask her for her phone number...worse she can say is no ;)

or be cheeky with a smile and say ...ok .... i'll give you my number since you already have your phone out....but I just have to goto the bathroom first !!

if she thinks yer funny and wants to chat - hey presto.... you've broken the ice ...if she's disgusted by a cheap/almost tacky chatup line ...then you can walk away - on the way to the bathroom yourself !!....and on your return ask if she still wants your number ? .... give it and walk away or stay chatting.

NOTE: I've never tried this but in my head it seems like a relatively easy way to approach/talk to someone who has been left on their own and is fiddling with their phone....I have a GF so wont be trying it either.

• Advertisement

And the guy dies a little inside, haha.
    PCPhoto wrote: »
    or be cheeky with a smile and say ...ok .... i'll give you my number since you already have your phone out....but I just have to goto the bathroom first !!

if she thinks yer funny and wants to chat - hey presto.... you've broken the ice

And if not she'll come and rant in the "worst chat up lines" fopic in the ladies lounge and say that guys are such w@nkers:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Sardonicat wrote: »

Lady A: neck rubbing as opposed to hair rubbing is more down to general nerves, I think, as opposed to the jitters caused by being close to someone you fancy. Maybe she feels uncomfortable around you 'cos you keep staring?

That's what I was gonna suggest, neck rubbing suggests discomfort to me.

That's what I was gonna suggest, neck rubbing suggests discomfort to me.

I can see where you are coming from on this but at the same time I don't believe that either myself or Lady A feel any discomfort around one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 citeog3

Say Hello to both of them.If they say hello back ,you've broken the ice.Then after this you can engage in small talk.If they respond - grand.If not then they're not interested.At this point you can scratch her off your list !! After small talk something might develop.Something might not.At least you've met someone new to say Hi to.
    Do this with every woman you ever meet and the following will happen;

1. The girls who are not interested in you will not take up any of your energy.
    2.You will meet some nice girls and nothing will happen between you,but it wont matter because you will be glad you said Hi.
    3.You will have sex with some women at some point in the future !!

All good......

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

citeog3 wrote: »
    Say Hello to both of them.If they say hello back ,you've broken the ice.Then after this you can engage in small talk.If they respond - grand.If not then they're not interested.At this point you can scratch her off your list !! After small talk something might develop.Something might not.At least you've met someone new to say Hi to.
    Do this with every woman you ever meet and the following will happen;

1. The girls who are not interested in you will not take up any of your energy.
    2.You will meet some nice girls and nothing will happen between you,but it wont matter because you will be glad you said Hi.
    3.You will have sex with some women at some point in the future !!

All good......

Am a living example that this is a true and correct fact

Follow this psychology and thou shall be save

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

I'd say your smoking too much of that Northern Lights and you're seeing stuff/reading too much into things!

Got anything more constructive than that to say Flugel ?!

Advertisement