Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From galway to ennis

• 21-09-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im trying to work out the best way to get from Galway to Ennis that passes Ballymaley Business park by bus? I dont drive.

Its quite a trek on foot from Ennis station to Ballymaley BP (almost an hour) and cant seem to find any info on any buses that pass that way or stop near there....

Any info would be great!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Bus Eireann is your only option. The City Link bus doesn't go through Ennis. To be honest I'm not sure if the bus comes off the bypass on the Barefield loop.. I'm guessing it doesn't. Wouldn't really be much of a detour for the driver if you were to ask him nicely. Doesn't really make a huge difference to his journey time.

Failing that you're going to have to get a taxi from the Ennis station. It's maybe 3 miles or so? Could probably get there for a tenner again if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sue345

Thanks for the reply, its actually for a job so dont fancy taking a taxi out and back each day! It cost me 20e round trip today...

Is there much of a distance from Barefield to the Business Park do you know? I could always ask the driver to let me off at that point in the by-pass if its closer than ennis would be....

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

The Ennis bypass is a motorway so would not be able to stop.

Your options are to take a taxi from Ennis town or bring a bike on the train from Galway to Ennis not too sure if you can take on a bike best check with CIE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

CIE should allow bikes in the luggage. It's likely the only way unless ya fancy paying for taxis every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amber_ie

As far as I remember the bus does pass the Ballymaley Roundabout. Ring the bus station to check and ask is this is a request stop. It would have been anyway if business had picked up there originally. Catch one of the bus drivers before you head off and check.
    Good luck with the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

If the bus comes off at the Barefield road then you'll go right past the business park. I just wasn't sure if it came off there or the Quinn road. The station should know alright.

Advertisement