Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC query

• 21-09-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting UPC. Just a few quick questions.

If I join and decide to upgrade my package later down the line I presume it will start another 12 month contract, are there any other prices ill have to pay other than the new monthly fee?

If I end up moving house am I able to bring my broadband with me without any costs, I presume again another 12 month contract will start?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

If I join and decide to upgrade my package later down the line I presume it will start another 12 month contract, are there any other prices ill have to pay other than the new monthly fee?

If I end up moving house am I able to bring my broadband with me without any costs, I presume again another 12 month contract will start?

Cheers,
    Tom

Any upgrade triggers a new 12month contract instantly or that's the way it used to run with ISP's, you'll be able to bring your line over to the new address with a premises move, and that too would trigger a new contract. Since it'll more than likely be a new phoneline (Different Exchange) Unless you moving right around the corner. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Perfect, thanks for the advice :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Any upgrade triggers a new 12month contract instantly or that's the way it used to run with ISP's, you'll be able to bring your line over to the new address with a premises move, and that too would trigger a new contract. Since it'll more than likely be a new phoneline (Different Exchange) Unless you moving right around the corner. :)

Please be careful with the advice you give. UPC do not use phone lines or exchanges.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Cheers,
    Tom

From the UPC "small print" readily available albeit in a very small print link at the bottom of the home page.
    2.6 If you move house, we will try, but shall be under no obligation, to provide you with the Services at your new address if it is within our serviceable area. You will still be liable to pay the applicable Charges in relation to the Minimum Period (as defined in paragraph 3) for the Services provided to your old address, even if you move from that address during the Minimum Period, or we do not provide you with the Services at your new address, or if your new address is outside our serviceable area. Where we are providing a Broadband Internet Service and you move to another address within our serviceable area, you must give us at least thirty (30) days’ notice if you wish us to provide such Service to your new address. Where we agree to provide the Services to your new address, you shall pay us the applicable transfer of service charge. Details of our transfer of service charge are set out in our Price List.

I should point out, yet again!, that in typical UPC style the price list to which they refer is not available anywhere! I have asked them for it on a number of occassions.

Advertisement