Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Patch: 3.3.x to 4.0.0.1 patch NA Stage 2, 3.97 GB

Options
  • 21-09-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭

I can be at least mildly certain, that the rapture is here. My morning and afternoon have been spent downloading this awfully large piece of ****.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

how soon would you say it would go live ?

i reserved my copy at amazon but i might get the key immediatly online if i just pop up to the blizzard shop, wouldn't i ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

It's looking likely that Nov. 2nd is going to be Cataclysm release date.

Mmo-champion are speculating that date and they rarely, if ever, get stuff wrong. They announced Cataclysm before Blizzard did for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

**** sake i just canceled my sub :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I doubt this patch will go live before the end of brewfestivities, but nonetheless it is background downloading for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

x.0 usually goes live about 3 weeks before release.

Nov 2nd is looking good alright. Wish it was later, i cancelled during the wc and i really really really dont want to start playing again. Maybe ill change my mind in a month, but i doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

There is apparently 2 content patches still to be released before Cata.

One about the Darkspear attack on echo isles / gnomes on gnomer, and one about the new dragonflight crowd attacking ruby sanctum.

Saying that, they could already be out cause I've not been playing for about 2 months and don't have a clue what's going on these days :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, better resub and start either grinding gold or levelling my Warrior alt to 80. I could actually do with a decent mmo to keep me entertained.

Kiith wrote: »
    Hmm, better resub and start either grinding gold or levelling my Warrior alt to 80. I could actually do with a decent mmo to keep me entertained.

Call To Arms FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Insomniac_

logged on about 3 am and downloaded a quick patch thingy... was there a big 1? on certain realms maybe? On Xavius myself.

i downloaded this but don't think it really installed - also, i'm on a mac so not really sure if this is just cached and ready to be installed or what...

• Advertisement

there was an updater for me that took 2 min .. New patch?? ~:/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

for anybody who enjoys there sanity.

Insomniac_ wrote: »
    logged on about 3 am and downloaded a quick patch thingy... was there a big 1? on certain realms maybe? On Xavius myself.
    i downloaded this but don't think it really installed - also, i'm on a mac so not really sure if this is just cached and ready to be installed or what...
    Insomniac_ wrote: »
    there was an updater for me that took 2 min .. New patch?? ~:/

OK, for the confused (and those who appear to prefer private servers..)

If you log on now after a few weeks break, youll get a patch. This patch is to the blizzard updater and nothing to do with the game.

Once you update your updater, it will start pre-loading the 4.0 patch, not actually installing it. This is the patch that prepares servers and clients for the cataclysm expansion. As you can imagine, thats pretty big. It includes all the "non-cataclysm" changes to classes, maps, talents etc etc (in other words, all the stuff youd get even if you dont buy cataclysm). Because its so big, they start preloading the assets a good while before the patch is actually deployed. By default, its set to start pre-loading when you exit wow.

Clear?

There wont be any major content patches before 4.0. There might be one that includes some extra pre-launch stuff but most of it is in place. This patch will be deployed in october sometime.

all i know is i cant wait to roll a worgen feral druid. Awesome bear and cat forms and now they've announced there will be no racial mount for worgen: they just do a cast, and then start running on all fours :)

Overheal wrote: »
    all i know is i cant wait to roll a worgen feral druid. Awesome bear and cat forms and now they've announced there will be no racial mount for worgen: they just do a cast, and then start running on all fours :)

Which is pretty much what i'm doing. I've held off playing a Druid for a while now, so that i could get the Worgen Druid.

I rolled a druid a long time ago and ruined it for myself, going resto and trying to do leatherworking while leveling. It helps that I hate nightelves.

Overheal wrote: »
    now they've announced there will be no racial mount for worgen: they just do a cast, and then start running on all fours :)

This one confused me when i read it. During vanilla beta there was a MASSIVE shìtstorm when they removed tauren plainsrunning (exactly the same thing as the worgen thing, except not on all 4s obviously).

I seem to remember reading a really well thought out post as to why they removed it, but thats 6 years ago so i cant remember the details, but now its back in with ne'er a mention of plainsrunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I d/l the big patches off http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

I have 2 big files after I unzipped them all.

one file is : 12911-EU-STAGE-1 File
    other is : 12911-EU-STAGE-2 File

Anyone kmow what to do with them. There is no downloader with them??

Cheers,

Kev aka Zulander of Nagrand

I d/l the big patches off http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

I have 2 big files after I unzipped them all.

one file is : 12911-EU-STAGE-1 File
    other is : 12911-EU-STAGE-2 File

Anyone kmow what to do with them. There is no downloader with them??

Cheers,

Kev aka Zulander of Nagrand

You wait untill the patch is ready to be deployed.

As has been mentioned, this is a pre-load, not the final patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

"all i know is i cant wait to roll a worgen feral druid. Awesome bear and cat forms and now they've announced there will be no racial mount for worgen: they just do a cast, and then start running on all fours "

Has anyone seen a vid of the animation for that? It sounds cool but may look awful.

Saw some of the notes in MMO regarding a new alchemy spell that turns you into a dragon mount :eek: You can even carry ppl around on your back. Now that sounds like a barrel of laughs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Dustaz wrote: »
    You wait untill the patch is ready to be deployed.

As has been mentioned, this is a pre-load, not the final patch.

OK. I'm just confused as the game just won't start for me. Game was fine like 2 days ago. :confused:

Dustaz wrote: »
    This one confused me when i read it. During vanilla beta there was a MASSIVE shìtstorm when they removed tauren plainsrunning (exactly the same thing as the worgen thing, except not on all 4s obviously).

I seem to remember reading a really well thought out post as to why they removed it, but thats 6 years ago so i cant remember the details, but now its back in with ne'er a mention of plainsrunning.
    Yeah I've now heard about plainsrunning. Blueposts on mmo-champ are clear this is not the same thing, and they have no plans to bring it back. They tried to balance plainsrunning with pvp in mind and you would lose your 'mount' if you got damaged, there was a 10sec cast, and all this other crap. Whereas the worgen ability, Running Wild, functions in every way to a regular Mount. As will the Alchemists new Epic World Drop Recipe/Ability, which transforms them into a badass protodrake that other players can ride on (but you cant ride a worgen)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
    bluepost wrote:
    Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1981-10-25-Realm-First-Vial-of-the-Sands-Cata-Prologue-Blue-Posts
    Vial of the Sands - Alchemy Mount?
    A new spell appeared in the latest beta build, the Vial of the Sands. According to the spell and reagents it looks like it will be an alchemy recipe available through Discoveries, the Vial of the Sands isn't a regular mount and will let you transform into a Sandstone Drake and carry an ally on your back!
    • Vial of the Sands - Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back.
    sandstonedrake_small.jpg

bombs away wrote: »

Has anyone seen a vid of the animation for that? It sounds cool but may look awful.
    You can fight feral Worgen in the Grizzly Hills, in the East of the Zone. See for yourself :) Theres actually a lot of werewolf quests out that way.

So i'll be able to run fast without a mount, and turn into a Dragon that people can ride on? Happy days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Gief flying Shadowform for my priest!

Or this guy, ill settle for a mount like this:

tns_044Falkor.jpg

ahaha, y'know it wouldnt surprise me if they released a mount like that..

Have been playing alot but just got it there randomly and is dwnloading now .. 3 hours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I've download all three parts so far using a bittorrent client rather then wow downloader. The torrent is in the your wow folder after the downloader begins to download. Just search for *.torrent

Much faster downloads. I expect this patch to go live after brewfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Should probably go on tonight and see where I am patch wise and download wise.

Cataclysm release pushed back to first week in December from what I'm hearing.

I'm downloading a 5.13gb patch at home right now. Hadn't thought it was that big, but it is pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Arena Session 8 finishes on 12 October so looks like we'll get the patch that week.

I think thats usually how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

apparently the patch is goin live tomorrow

Advertisement