Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

netgear

• 21-09-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I was given a netgear router to which I am trying to set up wireless with, but to no avail :(
    It is a netgear DG834PN I changed from the eircom one I had as it was crap.
    Would really appreciate some help :o
    It is asking for a security code which when I put in keeps telling me it is wrong, tried to go to the website put in the username and password and that kept telling me it is wrong :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

did you try hard reset...mean:
    To restore the factory default configuration settings without knowing the administration password or IP address, you must use the Default Reset button on the rear panel of the router.
    1.Press and hold the Default Reset button until the Test LED turns on (about 10 seconds).
    1.Release the Default Reset button and wait for the router to reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Thanks for that, I did hit the reset button but nothing happened, I mustn't of held it in long enough, I just pressed it really thanks for that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Thanks for that, I did hit the reset button but nothing happened, I mustn't of held it in long enough, I just pressed it really thanks for that :D
    no probs mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

If you are trying to connect wirelessly to it and you dont know the wep/wpa key then your hitting a wall.

Do you have a network cable that you can connect to it?

Advertisement