Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BK's Wine Bar Closed?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

So BK's is closed, anyone know if it's closed for good or if they are reopening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Seaneh wrote: »
    So BK's is closed, anyone know if it's closed for good or if they are reopening?

:eek: :(

Hope this isn't the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Me too Bro, me too!

Place is def closed, pile of mail on the floor inside the door, no sign of life.
    Sad times.
    First Mr. Waffle and now this.

WHY STEPHEN, WHY MUST YOU TAKE EVERYTHING I LOVE?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yup, sadly it's true. Marcel has fled the coop (of the premises). :D Will miss it. No news yet what/who new owners (if there are any yet) will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Me too Bro, me too!

Place is def closed, pile of mail on the floor inside the door, no sign of life.
    Sad times.
    First Mr. Waffle and now this.

WHY STEPHEN, WHY MUST YOU TAKE EVERYTHING I LOVE?!?!?!

what happened to mr.waffle, i thought they were opening a new one across from the uchg/nuig

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I was there 8 years ago during my honeymoon and visited a couple of times during these years. Really sad to know is closed for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

what happened to mr.waffle, i thought they were opening a new one across from the uchg/nuig
    don't thinks that's happening now they had posters up in window for Mr.Waffle but they were taken down bout 2months ago and unit is still for rent. Was only in there once but man it was yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Mr Waffle??? :eek: Sad day. And I loved BK's.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Quel dommage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

WHY STEPHEN,

Please God tell me that stupid w.nky word hasn't crept into usage in Galway? Leave it to the Dublin forum and AH. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

They are all closing up Zatsuma on shop street was a big loss way nicer than mr.waffle my opinion can't say I like what they have done to both vacant premises.
    2nd rate kebab shop inplace of zatsuma and I had a coffee in the bakehouse which opened up in waffles place and it is not good what's on offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I think the guy who owns/owned it just likes playing with people and garnering publicity, there were posters up for a while and nothing happened, its always the rumour that any vacant shop will be the next mr. waffle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Whoever owns it owns Bakehouse too.
    When bakehpuse opened there were little posters all over the inside saying "Don't worry, Mr. Waffle will be back" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'm also sad to see it closed. C'est la vie

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think that the same guys who owns (well created) Arabbica (spelling?) is behind Mr Waffle: the shop in Middle St is where he tests new brands before franchising them out around the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

shame that, it was perfect for a quiet glass of wine or snack in a relaxing environment, loved how the place was decorated, spacious but nice colours....where else can you hide away in a classy joint near the city centre these days??????? any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

JustMary wrote: »
    I think that the same guys who owns (well created) Arabbica (spelling?) is behind Mr Waffle: the shop in Middle St is where he tests new brands before franchising them out around the country.

It is the same guy.

I totally miss Zatsuma! BK's has been closed for a while now hasn't it?

moonflower wrote: »
    It is the same guy.

I totally miss Zatsuma! BK's has been closed for a while now hasn't it?

Couple of months almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Bugger...that is a shame. What a great place, great atmosphere, decor, wine list and it was great value too. There is nothing else like it in Galway. Am sorry I didn't go more often now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

BKs is gone? Man, I remember when its 1st incarnation, Biquets (?) opened... What a crying shame. Galway is sorely lacking in places where you can nurse a glass of wine after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 billybobonline

Sorry if this is a silly question but where is/was BK's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Spanish Parade, across the road from Thai Garden, beside Eastern Tandoori.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

I miss Peter's pizza in Woodquay.

Yeah, this is probably the main reason it closed. Slow business, particularly early evening. It was kind of hidden away, and not on a 'beaten track'. They weren't big on advertising, most people stumbled on it or came to hear certain music. It used to be rowdier a few years a go I believe.

Advertisement