Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

That's great that there'll be high school football on too. I've always been a follower of the NFL but my dad has always preferred watching college football to the NFL, he still loves the NFL obviously, and he keeps an eye on high school football so he was delighted to hear that the matches would be on here.

Is there any chance that the other high school game will be in Parnell Park...I know I'm being greedy looking for 2 matches in Dublin ;)

Another thing, a mate of mine lives in Germany near Heidelberg and he said that he knows a heap of Americans there that are coming for the game. Apparently there's some US base there. So I'd expect it to be a sell out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

lafors wrote: »
    That's great that there'll be high school football on too. I've always been a follower of the NFL but my dad has always preferred watching college football to the NFL, he still loves the NFL obviously, and he keeps an eye on high school football so he was delighted to hear that the matches would be on here.

Is there any chance that the other high school game will be in Parnell Park...I know I'm being greedy looking for 2 matches in Dublin ;)

Another thing, a mate of mine lives in Germany near Heidelberg and he said that he knows a heap of Americans there that are coming for the game. Apparently there's some US base there. So I'd expect it to be a sell out!

3 venues, 6 games, 12 teams. i would imagine one of the venues will be in Dublin but I would have expected Dublin, Cork, Galway or something, now that one of them is definitely Meath who knows where the other two will be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

NFL yes but I'm not sue if that's the case at college games. As they are students and you have to be 21 to drink legally in the States I'm not sure if you can drink at college games.

I've never been to a game over there so I'm just guessing but it wouldn't surprise me if games were dry

Some stadiums are dry but the majority aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

lafors wrote: »

Heidelberg is the US army's headquarters in Europe.

• Advertisement

and the second GIFT 2012 location has been announced as Parnell Park, teams are from Arizona and California but not confirmed just yet

http://www.gift2012.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Notre Dame Sherman oaks will play Hamilton in Parnell Park I believe

I also understand Tallaght Stadium will be another of the venues to be used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Can't wait for these games in parnell park now. It's right on my doorstep so couldn't ask for better.

Also volunteer in the bar attached to the ground, Anything special that you think would get the punters into the bar after the game on friday evening ?

Cheap drink ? Hot dogs ? free hot dog with your cheap drink ?

Would the Irish crowd like an american band for the night or would the american crowd prefer a more Irish band do you think ?

Do you think many people would come in for a drink between the games ?

Could be a long evening in parnell park ?

They're high school kids, so drink might be a no-no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Not for the kids, more thinking of the supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That Ticketmaster page seems to have changed since you first posted it,

The On Sale date has been removed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Where would the best place to sit in the Aviva? Never been to a game before

I presume sidelines rather than either end, Are you better of lower down or a bit higher up to get a better view of the game?

Where would the best place to sit in the Aviva? Never been to a game before

I presume sidelines rather than either end, Are you better of lower down or a bit higher up to get a better view of the game?

here ya go! http://www.ehow.com/about_4571477_best-seats-football-stadium.html

That Ticketmaster page seems to have changed since you first posted it,

The On Sale date has been removed .

ye noticed that all right!

this is still there http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Emerald-Isle-Classic-tickets/artist/1672929 and I've just asked here; https://www.facebook.com/emeraldisleclassic?ref=ts

it's back up now, with a presale tomorrow which i know nothing about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Says tickets go on sale 20/03/2012

Presale from tomorrow

Any codes would be great :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'm gonna assume it's too late to register for this new pre-sale so a code would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Wouldnt mind getting a code for this too.

Noticed the 20th March general sale date on ticketmaster which goes against the March 5th date mentioned previously. Would much prefer to sort it out this weekend to avoid the confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bonezman

Any codes available for this presale? I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hammerp

Who got these codes ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hammerp wrote: »
    Who got these codes ?

I don't know for sure but I remember around the time of the first pre-sale, there was something along the lines of the second pre-sale being for members of other European American Football organisations so maybe it's for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 IrishFan2

I know I am late to the game on this one but I too am looking for presale codes. I thought tickets were going on sale on Monday and now disappointed to know the wait is longer and the possibility of tickets is smaller. Would love to head to this match with my husband who is a big American Football fan for his 50th birthday...any help would be appreciated. codes please??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 donglemouse

just another grovelling request for pre-sale codes if anyone has any info, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

assume this is the BAFA & EFAF presale

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

anyone have any details on price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

don't suppose anyone has a code for the presale they'd feel like pm-ing me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fionna_rua

All ready to book this morning, but sale date is changed to the 20th. Really hoping to get some decent seats. So yet another who would really appreciate a code for this pre-sale :)

Hope ye all get good seats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

As a Notre Dame Alumni (as my boards.ie name suggests), i would love a code to get tickets. Any help appreciated

As an Alum, you might be better checking things out here; http://www.und.com/tickets/nd-tickets.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Domer wrote: »
    As a Notre Dame Alumni (as my boards.ie name suggests), i would love a code to get tickets. Any help appreciated

Surely you have contacts over there that could hook you up?

Advertisement