Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hiyoo92

If anyone is unable to go to the game gimme a shout and I'll buy your tickets from you..pm me if needs be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Also hoping to pick up 2 tickets at face value for the game if anyone can help me.

PM me thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Vegas has Navy getting 16.5. So what do you reckon? I'd still pick ND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I'd lean towards Navy covering at this stage. Hardy ideal preparation for Notre Dame - star offensive player suspended, starting cornerback out for the year, QB playing his first ever competitive game - might not be as lobsided as it could have been. Last year aside, Notre Dame have been terrible against the triple option so should make for a very interesting game.

I'm ridiculously excited! :)

I'd lean towards Navy covering at this stage. Hardy ideal preparation for Notre Dame - star offensive player suspended, starting cornerback out for the year, QB playing his first ever competitive game - might not be as lobsided as it could have been. Last year aside, Notre Dame have been terrible against the triple option so should make for a very interesting game.

I'm ridiculously excited! :)

I'm fairly excited too. I hope you're right. My biggest fear is that it's over as a contest by half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'm fairly excited too. I hope you're right. My biggest fear is that it's over as a contest by half time.

Navy have really put it up to Notre Dame in recent years. Think they have won 3 of the last 5 meetings so here's hoping for more of the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Just one ticket needed please. Will buy alcohol:D

Aviva Stadium personnel will take care of making sure all the electric equipment, including the coaches' headsets, is properly adapted from the United Kingdom's output to the United States'.

• Advertisement

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Aviva Stadium personnel will take care of making sure all the electric equipment, including the coaches' headsets, is properly adapted from the United Kingdom's output to the United States'.

You do realise we use the UK system over here don't you (unless an Irish one has been invented recently that I wasn't aware of)? No need to get your knickers in a twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone have any idea on the beer situation inside the ground will be? Will it be available in all areas, or will I have to bring in a sneaky naggin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can't think of any reason why alcohol wouldn't be on sale in all areas...

I don't think they do it for rugby (except the premium seats) and they don't do it for football. But I think for this event they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't think they do it for rugby. But I think for this event they will.

Yes they do. At rugby, alcohol is on sale in all areas.

I would guess it will be on sale at the american football too.

Paulw wrote: »
    Yes they do. At rugby, alcohol is on sale in all areas.

I would guess it will be on sale at the american football too.
    Cool, won't bother with the naggin then!

• Advertisement

I haven't been to Landsdowne recently, what beers do they sell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

4 more sleeps :D :pac:

I haven't been to Landsdowne recently, what beers do they sell?
    I think it was guinness and heineken when I was there. There's always beer available, the key is being able to bring it back to your seat.

Just reading back through the thread, someone said there probably won't be beer on sale as college games in USA are mostly dry, they don't want to promote alcohol to students! :eek: The naggin is back on the checklist of stuff to bring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

Those are policies at US stadiums and most of the people there this Saturday will be alumni of ND or Navy. It'll probably be the same set up as the two rugby matches I went to with one big bar for every 2 or 3 sections with loads of taps for Guinness and Heino. You shouldn't be waiting too long for a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I don't think they do it for rugby (except the premium seats) and they don't do it for football. But I think for this event they will.

Thats a FIFA/UEFA rule rather than a stadium rule

I cant see them not selling beer, to much money to be made

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

I cant see them not selling beer, to much money to be made

I agree but it will be interesting to see. Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is a dry stadium so one has to wonder as its a Navy home game will they endorse the sale of alcohol at their "home" game. Hopefully they do sell beer though.

According to Wikipedia, Navy have been playing their home games against ND at neutral sites for the last while so I wonder was the same 'no beer' policy in place when they played at FedEx or wherever?

At the end of the day, we're getting to see what should be a top notch college football game on Saturday and while I'd love a few beers while watching it, it won't be the end of the world if the stadium is dry.

The game will be over by 5 and there's tones of time for pints from then on!

According to Wikipedia, Navy have been playing their home games against ND at neutral sites for the last while so I wonder was the same 'no beer' policy in place when they played at FedEx or wherever?

At the end of the day, we're getting to see what should be a top notch college football game on Saturday and while I'd love a few beers while watching it, it won't be the end of the world if the stadium is dry.

The game will be over by 5 and there's tones of time for pints from then on!
    ...but the hardcore will bring a hipflask :D
    I think a nice watery tastless ice cold beer and a hot dog would make it seem more authentic. Actually, there better be hotdogs or heads will roll :mad:

Hope this isn't a repost, but check out the posts going up:

Youtube clip of it -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Was in the Souvenir Store on Sunday. Nothing really that good. T shirts were 15 euro but weren't really that nice.

Some of them just had Ireland Emerald Isle classic written on them and the team names in small writing. Looked exactly like the Ireland hoodies and T shirts you get in Carrolls souvenir shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Raoul wrote: »
    Was in the Souvenir Store on Sunday. Nothing really that good. T shirts were 15 euro but weren't really that nice.

Some of them just had Ireland Emerald Isle classic written on them and the team names in small writing. Looked exactly like the Ireland hoodies and T shirts you get in Carrolls souvenir shop.

Yeh was in there myself today and have to say i was very disappointed. Its basically a Carrolls selling "Emerald Isle" stuff. No proper gear from either of the teams. Does anyone think they will be selling offical stuff at the game like they do at Wembley for the Intl Series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah that would be great if they had a stand at the tailgate party or at the pep rally selling the official merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gleeso

Hi,
    If anyone has two spare tickets to sell at face value please PM me.
    Thanks,
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

wawaman wrote: »
    Does anyone think they will be selling offical stuff at the game like they do at Wembley for the Intl Series?

Apparently there will be official merchandise available on Saturday around the ground. Not sure about before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

fermoyboy wrote: »
    Apparently there will be official merchandise available on Saturday around the ground. Not sure about before that.

Longshot but any chance they would have NFL stuff too? That would be sweet!

You do realise we use the UK system over here don't you (unless an Irish one has been invented recently that I wasn't aware of)? No need to get your knickers in a twist.

images1sc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

what time can we expect the game to be over by do ye think?
    booking my train ticket and not sure which one to get home.

Torlac wrote: »

Games usually around 3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Games usually around 3 hours.

Spot on thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

gleeso wrote: »
    Hi,
    If anyone has two spare tickets to sell at face value please PM me.
    Thanks,
    Eoin

Are there no tickets available through normal channels, ticketmaster etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

M three wrote: »
    Are there no tickets available through normal channels, ticketmaster etc?

No, It sold out very quickly. The game has been sold out for nearly six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Spot on thanks

But be careful if your getting the DART back into town will be jammed and huge queues onto the platform mostly northbound. Your gonna need to give yourself an hour leeway.

• Advertisement

But be careful if your getting the DART back into town will be jammed and huge queues onto the platform mostly northbound. Your gonna need to give yourself an hour leeway.

You would be quicker walking back to town.

Spot on thanks

Good point. It's about a half an hours walk back up to the Grafton street area from Landsdowne so if you're in a rush you might be better off walking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone know if there are restrictions on Darts to landsdowne on Saturday - not stopping at a particular time, for example. Looking to get a Dart that will get me in for 1.15. Haven't seen any info on changes to the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Anyone know if there are restrictions on Darts to landsdowne on Saturday - not stopping at a particular time, for example. Looking to get a Dart that will get me in for 1.15. Haven't seen any info on changes to the schedule.

There is never really significant changes to the schedule on match days bar general slow enterring, filling up and exiting Lansdowne.

Each train will pull in and be stationary for at least 10/15minutes then pull off once sardine style full. Next train will come along, could be 2mins behind or could be 10mins behind then stationary for at least 10minutes itself till it fills up and drives off.

The queues onto the platforms are huge and once formed you could be waiting 30mins of so to even get onto the platform.

*EDIT* That is all after match. Pre-match no real delays as there is 2 under ground tunnels to pass from one side to the other. Within the station and the other on the stadium grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

If you left early would you get a taxi ? Also which direction do I walk to , to get the nearest luas!! am out in the bewleys red cow lol. Are people going in their NFL jerseys me and me Julie will probably have pats jerseys on ? Thanks.

decies wrote: »
    If you left early would you get a taxi ? Also which direction do I walk to , to get the nearest luas!! am out in the bewleys red cow lol. Are people going in their NFL jerseys me and me Julie will probably have pats jerseys on ? Thanks.

Leaving early is sacrilidge!!!!!!

Seriously though, yeah you'll get a taxi no problem. To get to that Luas line you need to get over to the O'Connell street area which would be 10 mins in a taxi with no traffic or a 45 minute walk.

As for the jerseys, I bet there'll be loads like you wearing NFL ones. I don't like that though. I'd never wear a Liverpool jersey to an Arsenal v Spurs match, just because it's a football match. But that's just me. Enjoy the day!

• Advertisement

To get to that Luas line you need to get over to the O'Connell street area which would be 10 mins in a taxi with no traffic or a 45 minute walk.

Or head towards Spencer Dock or NCI (IFSC area). Much nearer than O'Connell St. You should be able to walk there in about 30 min, going across Beckett Bridge.

Can anyone clear something up about stadium access?
    According to this picture: http://www.avivastadium.ie/images/header/aviva-stadium-way-finder-map.jpg
    It says if you're in the east stand (M,N,O) to approach from the herbert road side. Now, in the old days if you're coming from town and you're in these sections, you'll come down shelbourne road and turn left down lansdowne. Is that still allowed, or do they direct you around to the herbert road entrance?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You've got to go in the entrance on your ticket.

They are all colour coded and if you go in to the wrong section they wont let you in and you'll have to walk around. Can be very frustrating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wooooohooo got tickets!

Wooooohooo got tickets!

I'm guessing you didn't buy the ones on ebay? Some guy is looking for €1200 for them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement