Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Just been let down for for four tickets by a lad in college. He's now selling them online instead.

Absolutely gutted. I hope he gets nothing for them. Can't believe ill miss this game.

What are the chances of tickets going on sale again? If all else fails ill try get even one for myself! Anyone on here selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭teddybear178

It is pure greed motivating the wanna-be touts. Money for nothing. I agree with your sentiment and I hope all of them are stuck with tickets they cannot use. However, greed isn't limited to the little guy. At least tickets hit the general public in Ireland. Over on this side of the Atlantic, tickets were only available through vacation packages. $2000 USD and up for 3 to 5 days in Ireland which included transfers, hotel, game ticket and a private party (big deal). You still had to book airfare on top of the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Hi guys,

I just found your board today.

I'm traveling to Ireland from Canada on Aug 30 with the hope of catching the ND-Navy gane on the 1st and the GAA football semi on the 2nd. The semi is no problem; got a seat on the end of a row through ticketmaster.ie for 40 euro. The ND game is a harder nut to crack to get to the craic!

I was wondering if anyone might have a single ticket for sale. Also, I noticed that some of you are looking for game merchandise but the shipping costs to Ireland are prohibitive. I would be willing to bring jerseys over at cost for anyone that can help me secure a ticket.

Thanks,
    I'd check your Gaa ticket TBH.

No tickets for the All Ireland Semi final have gone on sale yet.

No one knows who's in it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I'd check your Gaa ticket TBH.

No tickets for the All Ireland Semi final have gone on sale yet.

No one knows who's in it yet.

Nah, theyre on Ticketmaster alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

You're right!

WTF! That is so bizzare.

Why would you sell tickets for a match that no one knows who's playing!

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    You're right!

WTF! That is so bizzare.

Why would you sell tickets for a match that no one knows who's playing!

I was going to post the same thing you did but decided that I'd better check first and I was amazed to see them there too. As you said we've no idea who's going to be playing so maybe they're trying to cash in on the tourist market. I'm sure you might get plenty of Americans who are over the ND v Navy game who would be interested in seeing our game.

I don't care who is playing as I have no loyalty to any team. I'm just looking for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I have tickets up in the nosebleeds as it is and I had a look on a certain ticket selling site and found a pair of tickets for seats that are in the same section but 10 rows behind mine that are being offered at £350 each. I suppose there are some very rich ND alumni.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'm just lucky there's honest folk like heartofthecity . Face value tickets , I'll be buying him a pint at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭USNA1991

Navy alum travelling over with 3 friends. We've already got flights and hotels booked, but are in need of tickets.

Please PM with details if you have any available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Anybody going to the concert featuring the Notre Dame band in the O2 , where do you get tickets for this can't find a link anywhere??

Tickets for the Friday night Pep Rally at the O2 were sold (perhaps given away) through the university and Anthony Travel from what I have been able to conclude. I have seen some really overpriced, and I mean REALLY overpriced, tout tickets for this event.

While I bleed Gold and Blue when it comes to football, this event holds nothing for me. I will be seeking the perfect pint and the craic that goes along with it on Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

decies wrote: »
    Anybody going to the concert featuring the Notre Dame band in the O2 , where do you get tickets for this can't find a link anywhere??

Yhey'll be playing in Temble Bar and Merrion Square for free on the Saturday if thats who you want to see (and at the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nickbrun

Hey guys,

Desperately looking for a ticket to the game. Please PM me if anyone has a spare to sell.

Cheers,

We won't be seeing Tommy Rees under centre or Carlo Calabrese at linebacker for ND at Landsdowne. Both suspended for 'poor decisions' (i.e. getting arrested in May) and won't travel with the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

for all without tickets, there's a competition here http://emeraldisleclassic.ie/win-two-tickets-to-the-sold-out-navy-notre-dame-clash/ good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Just ordered one of these bad boys for the occasion. Always wanted one since they were unveiled for the Under The Lights game last year, thought it looked amazing. Cost a ton though, but worth it. Adidas should make all football jerseys ;)

52-47811-Y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just ordered one of these bad boys for the occasion. Always wanted one since they were unveiled for the Under The Lights game last year, thought it looked amazing. Cost a ton though, but worth it. Adidas should make all football jerseys ;)

52-47811-Y.jpg

Where did you get it?

lafors wrote: »
    Where did you get it?

FansEdge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

does shipping take long and will you get caught for customs? I did a checkout run through and it quotes for Vat and Duties so I presume it wont get caught at customs then?

• Advertisement

does shipping take long and will you get caught for shipping? I did a checkout and it quotes for Vat and Duties so I presume it wont get caught at customs then?

Shipping is DHL, I was quoted 3-9 days which is good enough. I opted to pay the customs when ordering too, better safe than sorry - only added an extra 18 euro and says you're guaranteed to clear customs so happy days.

Fwiw, used them before and didn't pay customs and never got caught. However, that was when I was living up north. Been a mad clamp down here lately so took the safe option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How much was it JaMarcus?

SantryRed wrote: »
    How much was it JaMarcus?

Came to just under €115 with shipping + prepaid customs. I got the premier one though, so the replicas would be maybe €20 cheaper, give or take a few euro.

Fwiw, they also have the Navy Nike jersey which is a beauty.

52-41738-Y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Jerseys are a bit pricey for me at the moment and that white jersey looks a little too much like the Jets jersey. Anyhoo, I ordered 2 The Shirts from ND for myself and the wif for the big game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

what are peoples thoughts on this ? IAFA threatening legal action to cancel the game. Bizarre ! From the score.ie

http://www.thejournal.ie/contract-dispute-threatens-sold-out-american-football-game-in-dublin-552420-Aug2012/
    THEJOURNAL.IE HAS LEARNED the Emerald Isle Classic, estimated to be worth €100 million to the Irish economy, is under threat of cancellation.
    The high-profile event, sponsored by The Gathering, is the first game of the American College Football season and will see the US Naval Academy take on Notre Dame, known as ‘The Fighting Irish’, in Dublin’s Aviva Stadium on 1 September.
    The game is sold out and is expected to have a massive TV audience as it is to be screened on CBS in the United States and worldwide via ESPN America.
    However, a source has informed TheJournal.ie that the Irish American Football Association (IAFA) is threatening to initiate High Court proceedings this month to prevent the game taking place if the US Naval Academy (Navy) does not agree to honour the terms of a sanctioning agreement entered into with the IAFA and signed in March 2011.
    As the National Governing Body (NGB) the IAFA claims it is responsible for allowing the event take place in Ireland.
    Following six months of negotiations, Navy signed a sanctioning agreement with the IAFA in Dublin in March 2011. This document, seen by TheJournal.ie, was signed by Navy’s Associate Athletic Director, Robb Dunn.
    The conditions attached to the sanctioning agreement were designed to facilitate the grassroots development of American football in Ireland, the most prominent of which was to be a ‘flag-football’ programme for 1,500 Irish schoolchildren.
    To initiate this programme, Navy was due to open an Irish bank account from which Navy and an independent panel, not the IAFA, would distribute funds to support this programme. However, the IAFA claims that no progress has been made on this issue.
    The IAFA also claims that Navy has failed to provide them with evidence the event is fully insured or with mandatory documentation relating to various health and safety matters surrounding the game, as per the sanctioning agreement.
    When contacted by TheJournal.ie to respond to these claims, Navy failed to reply directly, instead issuing a brief statement through their PR company, Fleishman Hillard.
    It reads:
    It has been determined by the International Federation of American Football (IFAF) that the Irish American Football Association has no jurisdiction over this particular game and therefore no sanction is required.
    TheJournal.ie contacted IFAF to confirm this was the case as Article 4B of their 2009 statutes, under which the contested sanctioning agreement was signed, states: “[The Irish American Football Association] shall be recognized [sic] by IFAF as the only national governing body for all amateur American football in such a country.”
    Furthermore, in July this year, the President of IFAF wrote to the IAFA to confirm that IFAF’s “international sanctioning rules cannot be applied” in this case and that the Emerald Isle Classic comes under the remit of the IAFA.
    However, despite repeated attempts to contact the French-based organisation, IFAF have not clarified their position to TheJournal.ie.
    The news of a possible cancellation of the game will be of concern to the estimated 33,000 fans travelling from the US for the game, as well as local supporters. Indeed, such is the demand for tickets, sets for four are selling for over €1,000 online.
    TheJournal.ie understands the IAFA has attempted to initiate mediation with Navy but have been “frustrated” by the intervention of third parties who had little or no involvement before Navy signed the sanctioning agreement.
    In a statement issued to TheJournal.ie an IAFA spokesperson said:
    The Irish American Football Association is the officially recognised National Governing Body for the sport in Ireland. Its authority to sanction all American football activities in Ireland is very clear.
    It should be noted that Navy did not avail of the option to appeal any aspect of the sanction conditions attached to the Emerald Isle Classic. Navy signed the sanction documentation on 16 March 2011 after having been in possession of the proposed conditions since 21 October 2010. Until recently, they have not communicated any difficulties in respect of these matters to the IAFA.
    A resolution looks unlikely any time soon with a source close to the dispute telling TheJournal.ie: “Navy’s apparent failure to respect the IAFA’s status as the National Governing Body could have a major impact on other sports in Ireland due to the undesirable precedent it would set for
    major events staged in this country.”
    However, the IAFA has indicated a willingness to return to mediation with Navy in an effort to resolve this matter.

Let's just say, I won't be losing any sleep over it being cancelled. There's not a miniscule chance in hell that even comes close to happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

just read this; i think we are all sure with the massive investment thus far, sold out stadium, big influx of fans, massive hardware arrivals:
    planes: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720536

boats: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056592772

there is no way that the game will not happen, but iafl are right, if colleges who are supposed to be amature and make millions off their non earning players are happy to make money from these games, and both colleges will make a lot it is only fair that this minority sport should get some benefit from this huge game coming over here

gerire wrote: »
    just read this; i think we are all sure with the massive investment thus far, sold out stadium, big influx of fans, massive hardware arrivals:
    planes: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720536

boats: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056592772

there is no way that the game will not happen, but iafl are right, if colleges who are supposed to be amature and make millions off their non earning players are happy to make money from these games, and both colleges will make a lot it is only fair that this minority sport should get some benefit from this huge game coming over here

Minority sports do get a huge benefit from the money college football makes. The revenue colleges get from their football programs means sports that get no money, volleyball, squash and loads others can exist and give scholarships to players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

My point is, its a missively under funded and minority sport here, and as such IAFL are right to get this out into the public before the event and get their money they were agreed to as opposed to waiting till afterwards it would be much harder to get a few grand.

This is nothing to do with minority sports in colleges in the us and how college football benefits them. This is to do with IAFL getting a small, by NCAA standards, investment into the grassroots of football in ireland

• Advertisement

gerire wrote: »
    My point is, its a missively under funded and minority sport here, and as such IAFL are right to get this out into the public before the event and get their money they were agreed to as opposed to waiting till afterwards it would be much harder to get a few grand.

This is nothing to do with minority sports in colleges in the us and how college football benefits them. This is to do with IAFL getting a small, by NCAA standards, investment into the grassroots of football in ireland

Sorry. I misinterpreted your post.

Advertisement