Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Guys just one thing its the IAFA who have a problem not the IAFL. The IAFA is the Irish American Football Association and the IAFL is the Irish American Football League. The IAFA is the governing body not the IAFL which is just a league within the IAFA.

Also I laughed when I read that article. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I think we all know there's no way in hell this game is being stopped by IAFA but it's kinda fun to explore who the IAFA would be "up against":

Navy - They have aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines in their arsenal.

Notre Dame - They have some very rich and very powerful alumni. A word to Inda or Leo V. would ensure that this game would go ahead if need be.

NCAA - They're not afraid to give some of their schools the "death penalty".

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hiyoo92

Anyone willing to sell two or three tickets? Face value and a pint/whiskey as payment??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭event

Seeing as tickets are very scarce, where would be the best place to watch this on tv?
    Are there many Americans making the trip over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

event wrote: »
    Seeing as tickets are very scarce, where would be the best place to watch this on tv?
    Are there many Americans making the trip over?

ESPN America are showing the game live

Apparently there are around 25,000 coming over from America for the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ESPN America are showing the game live

Apparently there are around 25,000 coming over from America for the game

at least 25,000 have tickets and at least 35,000 are coming over.

town will be buzzing for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Just after getting myself sorted for the game, really looking forward to it now!

Does anyone have idea on a practice schedule for the teams and where they'll be based during the week?

frostie500 wrote: »
    Just after getting myself sorted for the game, really looking forward to it now!

Does anyone have idea on a practice schedule for the teams and where they'll be based during the week?

One of the teams is based in UCD for practice. Almost sure its Navy and apparently there will be open practices to the public.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

CoachTO wrote: »
    One of the teams is based in UCD for practice. Almost sure its Navy and apparently there will be open practices to the public.

awesome !

The GIFT 2012 teams will be practicing out in UCD. Navy will not be in UCD, ND may be though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Deadly, just round the corner from work!

The GIFT 2012 teams will be practicing out in UCD. Navy will not be in UCD, ND may be though.

Just going by what I was told. As the UCD guys I used to coach are looking after the event management for all the teams practicing there Navy were mentioned also with the GIFT teams.

Just going by what I was told. As the UCD guys I used to coach are looking after the event management for all the teams practicing there Navy were mentioned also with the GIFT teams.

I just got invited to the Navy practice for Thursday and Friday and its not UCD! Not sure if I'm allowed say location though...

I just got invited to the Navy practice for Thursday and Friday and its not UCD! Not sure if I'm allowed say location though...

Guess they are wrong then. Yeah be safe not to mention their location as Id say thursday and friday are closed sessions. Feel free to pm me though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Me too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Well that jersey I ordered came.

Bad news is, I reckon you could fit two Vince Wilforks inside it. It's absolutely enormous, I'm wondering if I accidentally ordered a blanket by mistake.

Will be a tight squeeze having it returned and a new one sent in time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Guess they are wrong then. Yeah be safe not to mention their location as Id say thursday and friday are closed sessions. Feel free to pm me though ;)

I am sure they have enough security around to get rid of people turning up to the closed sessions.

Just incase they don't pm me too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Well that jersey I ordered came.

Bad news is, I reckon you could fit two Vince Wilforks inside it. It's absolutely enormous, I'm wondering if I accidentally ordered a blanket by mistake.

Will be a tight squeeze having it returned and a new one sent in time :(

just out of curiosity what size did you order?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Trying to wrangle some tickets in work, and it's proving surprisingly difficult :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Despate for two tickets to this folks - can anyone point me in te right direction ?

• Advertisement

according to the Sports Business Journal the "Navy-ND Football Game Will Be One Of The Most Widely Distributed Regular-Season Game Ever"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

according to the Sports Business Journal the "Navy-ND Football Game Will Be One Of The Most Widely Distributed Regular-Season Game Ever"

Have you got a link?

Also, anybody know what the story is with the pep rally on in the O2 the night before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Notre Dame Schedule -

http://gameday.nd.edu/events/calendar/2012-navy/

Plenty of info there.

The Navy schedule is different from the Notre Dame schedule.

http://www.usna.com/page.aspx?pid=448

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Torlac wrote: »
    just out of curiosity what size did you order?

I wanted a UK XL as I wanted it loose fitting over a hoody but it's US XL which is a lot bigger. Going to order an M instead and get a refund on the original one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Anyone know more details on the tailgate in Temble Bar? whats on ect

Raoul wrote: »
    Have you got a link?

Also, anybody know what the story is with the pep rally on in the O2 the night before?

had the story emailed to me and couldnt find a link but it's up now

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-08-14/notre-dame-vs-navy-ireland-season-opener-cbs-emerald-isle-classic

I wanted a UK XL as I wanted it loose fitting over a hoody but it's US XL which is a lot bigger. Going to order an M instead and get a refund on the original one.

I'm usually an XL size for t-shirts but somewhere around M for jerseys and even then I could wear a t-shirt or sweatshirt comfortably under the jersey.

Anyone know more details on the tailgate in Temble Bar? whats on ect

According to http://gameday.nd.edu/events/calendar/2012-navy:

"Celebrate Notre Dame football with fellow Irish fans at the Notre Dame Tailgate. Located throughout the Temple Bar area, the tailgate will bring all the Notre Dame fans together to enjoy the best of Ireland prior to the game. Appearances to include the Notre Dame Marching Band, the Leprechaun, the cheerleaders and much more. This event is free and open to the public."

I'm all set for the big game now:

http://instagram.com/p/OWR7SdEfG1

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    I'm all set for the big game now:

http://instagram.com/p/OWR7SdEfG1

nice, where did ya pick that up?

Advertisement