Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

How big are these teams. Is it sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Live with University of Notre Dame Football in Ireland in 2012:
    It’s the Fighting Irish Versus Navy at Aviva Stadium on Sept. 1

-- Anthony Travel, the official travel partner with the Naval Academy (and with Notre Dame) for the Notre Dame-Navy football game in Dublin next week, is doing business with 120 hotels in the Dublin area and will have 90 staff members on the ground in Dublin coordinating travel and events.

-- By the time the game weekend is over, Anthony Travel will have invested more than 50,000 man hours in the planning and execution of the event.

-- More than 3,500 boxes containing itineraries, tickets and other travel materials have been sent via FedEx to those traveling to Dublin for the game.

-- Over the course of three nights in Dublin, Anthony Travel will entertain a combined 5,000 guests at private events at the Guinness Storehouse.

-- Croke Park, 82,000-seat site of the Irish-Navy football game in Dublin back in 1996, is hoping to negotiate with the NFL for a series of games over the coming seasons.

-- The listed capacity at Aviva Stadium is 50,000—with all seats covered by the roof. For this game, the capacity will be 48,000, since the first six rows will be tarped due to less-than-ideal sight lines.

-- Here's where the 48,000 game tickets went:
    * 25,000 were sold through the Navy and Notre Dame athletic tickets offices. Notre Dame (as the visiting team) received 7,500 tickets. They were offered via a lottery to contributing alumni, with more than 14,700 requests for those 7,500 tickets.
    * 13,000 were sold in Dublin via Ticketmaster Ireland and CSL Hospitality.
    * 10,000 were offered by Anthony Travel via various travel packages. This is the largest transport of visitors into Ireland for a single event in the country’s history.

-- The Notre Dame-Navy game will be the first game that the Notre Dame football team’s video crew shoots fully in HD. The biggest challenge for Tim Collins and his staff is handling power conversion issues at the team hotel and at Aviva Stadium.

-- More than 100 passport applications have been processed over the last few months with the help of the Notre Dame Post Office for Notre Dame players, coaches and other staff members. Required photos of the incoming freshman players were taken once they reported to campus in June for the start of summer school. The biggest challenge came in locating certified birth certificates for all applicants—as well as cutting multiple checks through the athletics business office for each of the passports.

-- The Irish will buy oxygen for use on the sidelines in Ireland, since it cannot be taken on the team plane.

-- Notre Dame athletic trainers made arrangements to drop-ship cases of Gatorade in advance of the game for use in Dublin.

-- The Irish traveling party departs for Dublin out of Michiana Regional Airport in South Bend after practice Wednesday via a Delta Airbus 330 charter that seats nearly 300 people.

-- The Notre Dame team will practice midday Thursday on the practice field just outside of Aviva Stadium. Then, the Irish will return to Aviva for a midday walk-thru Friday.

-- The Irish team will fly home immediately after the game, arriving in South Bend at 12:25 a.m. Sunday.

-- ESPN America will take the television feed from CBS and air the game in 66 countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. For a list of countries and cable outlets that get ESPN America go to www.espnamerica.com.

-- American Forces Network will also carry the CBS television feed to 175 countries and U.S. Territories. The American Forced Network worldwide radio and television broadcast network serves American service men and women, Department of Defense and other U.S. government civilians and their families stationed at bases overseas, as well as U.S. Navy ships at sea.

-- There have been close to 200 media members credentialed for the game with newspapers from Japan, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Poland and Hungary covering the contest along with numerous media outlets from Ireland, Northern Ireland and the United States.

-- The Friday night event (Aug. 31) at the O2 in Dublin that is half pep rally and half Irish musical performances is sold out. Listed capacity for the O2 is 14,000. The O2 pep rally will be streamed live and will be carried on a half-hour delay by RTE in Ireland. It will be hosted by Dublin television personality Miriam O’Callaghan and Taoiseach Enda Kenny, the prime minister of Ireland. Irish musical presenters include Brian Kennedy, Damien Dempsey and Eimear Quinn. The Band of the Fighting Irish also will be in attendance.

-- The Saturday morning Mass at Dublin Castle will be taped by RTE and shown on Sunday morning.

-- The equipment which will accompany the NotreDame team on its flight weighs between 15,000 and 20,000 pounds.

-- If you are sticking around Dublin on Sunday (Sept. 2), you can head to Croke Park and watch a 3:30 p.m. Gaelic Athletic Association football semifinal matchup between defending champion Dublin and Mayo. The other semifinal (Aug. 26) pits Cork vs. Donegal. The GAA hurling championship match is set for Sept. 9 (Galway vs. Kilkenny) at Croke Park.

-- Aviva Stadium is the home of Ireland’s national rugby and soccer (football by Irish parlance) programs, including the site of RBS 6 Nations rugby games each spring. Recent concerts at Aviva include Madonna (July 24) and Lady Gaga (Sept. 15). The stadium opened in May 2010. It was built on the site of the famed Lansdowne Road Stadium (the oldest sports stadium in Europe) that originally opened in 1876.

-- One member of the current Notre Dame football team actually attended the 1996 Notre Dame-Navy game at Croke Park. Sophomore offensive lineman Conor Hanratty attended that game as a 3-year-old with his father, former Irish All-America quarterback Terry Hanratty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Enda Kenny hosting with miriam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny hosting with miriam?

Was just laughing at that. Is there any way to get tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Raoul wrote: »

I'd say after 5 minutes of listening to those 2, there'll be tons of empty seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Raoul wrote: »

Theres football games in 3 venues around the country, why go to a pep rally listening to Inda and Brian Kennedy when you could be watching live FOOTBALL

If ND are doing their practice on the astro pitch outside aviva im definately going on the Thursday at midday to have a look at their training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can anyone go into that practice on Thursday at the Aviva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

SantryRed wrote: »

I doubt it.

Media are only allowed in for the first 20 mins, so I would guess that the sessions are closed to the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

SantryRed wrote: »

2 days before their game I highly doubt it. They will be in behind the gates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

-- The Notre Dame team will practice midday Thursday on the practice field just outside of Aviva Stadium. Then, the Irish will return to Aviva for a midday walk-thru Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

SHOVELLER wrote: »

Thats what people are discussing above your post. But I doubt it will be open to the public. There is gates and huge fence blocking off that pitch beside the Aviva. 2 days before the game they wont let any joe in to watch them prepare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

CoachTO wrote: »
    Thats what people are discussing above your post. But I doubt it will be open to the public. There is gates and huge fence blocking off that pitch beside the Aviva. 2 days before the game they wont let any joe in to watch them prepare.

But I wanna see :(

CoachTO wrote: »

That pitch can be seen from the path beside the Dodder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

More suspensions from ND:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8304734/notre-dame-fighting-irish-suspend-top-rusher-cierre-wood-two-games

Notre Dame has suspended running back Cierre Wood and defensive end Justin Utupo for the first two games of the season, the school announced Sunday.

More on Notre Dame football
    Everything Notre Dame football, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available from ESPN.com's Matt Fortuna in his Notre Dame football blog.
    • More: ESPN Chicago's college blog

Neither player will travel to Saturday's opener against Navy in Dublin, Ireland.

"Our players are aware of the standards I set for our program and that failure to meet my expectations will result in consequences," coach Brian Kelly said in a statement. "Justin and Cierre violated our team rules so I've suspended them for the first two games of the season."

Wood, a senior, rushed for 1,102 yards and nine touchdowns last season. Theo Riddick, who has played both running back and wide receiver, will likely replace Wood as the Irish's No. 1 running back during the first two games.

Utupo, a junior, has seen mostly special teams action for the Irish during his career.

The players will also miss the Sept. 8 home game against Purdue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

How big are these teams. Is it sold out

Biggest understatement of the year!
    Public Sale Sold out in 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The Luas is packed on regular match-days, let alone Croke Park full-house matches involving the Dubs. Can we just not tell the Americans the Luas exists? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

For anyone who wants a chance to get on to see the USS Fort McHenry you can apply for the lottery draw here....

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/uss-fort-mchenry.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi lads, looking for 2 (but preferably 3) match tickets at face value or there abouts.

Please PM me if you can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bazza92

Anyone selling two tickets for the game I would be very grateful..PM me..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

This is probably your best hope if you're not willing to pay a tout.... please don't pay a tout!

https://www.facebook.com/thegatheringireland/app_422347241145090

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 hiyoo92

If anyone is unable to go to the game gimme a shout and I'll buy your tickets from you..pm me if needs be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Also hoping to pick up 2 tickets at face value for the game if anyone can help me.

PM me thanks.

Vegas has Navy getting 16.5. So what do you reckon? I'd still pick ND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I'd lean towards Navy covering at this stage. Hardy ideal preparation for Notre Dame - star offensive player suspended, starting cornerback out for the year, QB playing his first ever competitive game - might not be as lobsided as it could have been. Last year aside, Notre Dame have been terrible against the triple option so should make for a very interesting game.

I'm ridiculously excited! :)

I'd lean towards Navy covering at this stage. Hardy ideal preparation for Notre Dame - star offensive player suspended, starting cornerback out for the year, QB playing his first ever competitive game - might not be as lobsided as it could have been. Last year aside, Notre Dame have been terrible against the triple option so should make for a very interesting game.

I'm ridiculously excited! :)

I'm fairly excited too. I hope you're right. My biggest fear is that it's over as a contest by half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'm fairly excited too. I hope you're right. My biggest fear is that it's over as a contest by half time.

Navy have really put it up to Notre Dame in recent years. Think they have won 3 of the last 5 meetings so here's hoping for more of the same!

Just one ticket needed please. Will buy alcohol:D

Aviva Stadium personnel will take care of making sure all the electric equipment, including the coaches' headsets, is properly adapted from the United Kingdom's output to the United States'.

• Advertisement

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Aviva Stadium personnel will take care of making sure all the electric equipment, including the coaches' headsets, is properly adapted from the United Kingdom's output to the United States'.

You do realise we use the UK system over here don't you (unless an Irish one has been invented recently that I wasn't aware of)? No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Advertisement