Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Love that navy one with the onside kick. The focus on it is great.

GO AIRFORCE! NAVY!
    I'll be wearing my AF Falcons jersey tomorrow though.

cheers! i was crapping myself they were gonna crash straight into me for that one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

What is instore for us at the tailgate in temple bar?

And will the one run by the rebels be better etc

Getting pretty excited about this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Just having a look at some of the betting lines, as I don't have a particular allegiance to either side, and gambling makes things more fun.

Spread: Navy +15/Notre Dame -15
    With the Irish projected to win by 15 points, whichever side you take here should make things a bit more interesting if Notre Dame are up by two touchdowns. I've gone for Navy +15 here, but it's an ill-informed view, just on the basis that travel can be disruptive, the early start time, Notre Dame have some suspensions and will be fielding a new QB.

Race to 10 points
    Notre Dame 1.37
    Navy 3.1

Stuck with my Navy allegiance for this one.

Game total: 54.5 points
    Over (rooting for scores is more fun).

First scoring play
    Notre Dame touchdown 1.8
    Notre Dame field-goal 4.8
    Navy touchdown 4.33
    Navy field-goal 5

Gone for a Notre Dame field-goal here, just seems a good price.

(Prices from Bet365)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Never been to the Aviva before, have tickets for the south stand, block 316 Premium level, are they any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

http://www.irishrugby.ie/aviva/map.php - click on map for view

http://www.seatpic.com/venue/184/aviva-stadium-dublin-ireland

you have the screen to the top right hand corner too which is handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Never been to the Aviva before, have tickets for the south stand, block 316 Premium level, are they any good?

Yes, right behind the goals, it will feel like you are playing Xbox

http://www.irishrugby.ie/stadiummap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pretty good, but you'll be behind one of the goals rather than along the sideline, but the view from that level is very good.

What row number are you in?

Check your view here:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/aviva/map.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Right behind the posts. This is a view from the section above yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd imagine most people at this stage who are going have their tickets sorted and we know we can get beer and being in cameras so what about the game then?

Seeing as they're giving 15-16 points according to the bookies, I think its safe to say ND will probably win but I'm just hoping it stays tight for as long as possible and it doesn't turn into the 56-14 rout that it did last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just looking forward to seeing the new QB and see what the post-Floyd offence is like.

Cierre Wood missing tomorrow too.

Will be good to be there no matter what happens but like you I hope it's not a blowout. Won't be betting on the game but have done a few bets on other college games over the weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

First year in a while I don't know any of the Irish position players. Would have loved to have seen Floyd play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Very excited to see Everett Golson at QB for Notre Dame. Had thought Kelly would go with the safer option of Hendrix, but delighted he's chosen Golson. ND fans are very happy with that, and it bodes well from an entertainment perspective for those of us at the game. Also very disappointed we wont get to see Cierre Wood in person. He's a fantastic player, but we always have Manti Te'o :)

Also, over 1000 replies. I never dreamed that the game would be this popular when it was first announced! Kind of chuffed to see it all over the place now - radio, news, internet, even people I know who haven't a clue about football are talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Mate said to go to the Dublin Rebels tailgate in the Bath pub.Where is that located?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

Thanks for that!

I look forward to debating lens length with the security staff!!! :D

I was at the Bears game in Wembley last year and that was exactly what happened, guy in front had a slightly long lens and was told to put camera away, argument ensued, security did not budge an inch, guy had to put it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

raven136 wrote: »
    Mate said to go to the Dublin Rebels tailgate in the Bath pub.Where is that located?

Bath Ave
    Just down past slatterys on the left

http://www.thebathpub.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Have just arrived at bewleys newlands cross . Next stop the Aviva. I think some of the high school players might be staying here. Staff also have badges with shamrock footballs on them , bottles of energy drinks packed up in the lobby .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

decies wrote: »
    Have just arrived at bewleys newlands cross . Next stop the Aviva. I think some of the high school players might be staying here. Staff also have badges with shamrock footballs on them , bottles of energy drinks packed up in the lobby .

Or, LeBron James could be in town.

tumblr_l5ar3nom3d1qzptwgo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Or, LeBron James could be in town.

tumblr_l5ar3nom3d1qzptwgo1_500.jpg

I bet you those books are even a front and have mini bottles in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Sorry I know it's the wrong thread, but does anyone know if the GIFT game at Donnybrook was sold out or can you pay at the entrance?

I know it's early but feck all at the Parnell Park game which has just started

• Advertisement

Donnybrook is pretty full..High school game us good 23 - - 14 at half time.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Donnybrook is pretty full..High school game us good 23 - - 14 at half time.

Would you guys be able to ask a member of staff or something for me?

Yeah..

ITT-Pat wrote: »

Yeah sure, what do you want to know.

1st game over here. Only caught Second half but fun to watch. Easy win for Kent 26-2 in the end over the UK team

1st game over here. Only caught Second half but fun to watch. Easy win for Kent 26-2 in the end over the UK team
    Just looking to find out if you can still pay at the entrance?

Just looking to find out if you can still pay at the entrance?

Definitely can at PP anyway.

You can here anyway. Great high school game. Loyala were 23- 14 up at ht. Now 27 - - 23 down going into the 4th. Great fun.

Thanks lads

Epic game..Missed pat the difference. Jesuit prep win 30-29. Now for the college game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Hi is there a timetable for tomorrow in the aviva? I know that 2 pm is the start time but just wondering is that kick off and what time would I need to be in the stadium to see the pregame stuff such as the bands, teams taking the field etc?

Advertisement