Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What do they do in Wembley re: the first few rows of seats, pitchside?

Wouldn't imagine you'd see a whole lot over the 100+ people on the sidelines, a lot of whom are over 6" tall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

conno16 wrote: »
    biggest rivalry in american football

Not really. It's not even either side's biggest rivalry game. NDs would be USC and Navy's would be Army. And apart from a couple of blips recently when Navy won, most of the time the games aren't even close

Then you've got to look at some of the matchups in the SEC and other conferences for some big rivalries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 clown_assasin

Neil3030 wrote: »

Wouldn't imagine you'd see a whole lot over the 100+ people on the sidelines, a lot of whom are over 6" tall.

Wembley is mostly open.
    Alot of seats go in the presale so I think thats why people are so anxious.
    I've mailed Ticketmaster before to get the presale date changed (it ended in 2010 when it was first put up).
    So far the end date has changed, then the start date, then the end date again.

I don't want to use a Dunphy phrase regarding NCAA Football but "shambles" is very applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Wembley is mostly open.
    Alot of seats go in the presale so I think thats why people are so anxious.
    I've mailed Ticketmaster before to get the presale date changed (it ended in 2010 when it was first put up).
    So far the end date has changed, then the start date, then the end date again.

I don't want to use a Dunphy phrase regarding NCAA Football but "shambles" is very applicable.

The ticketing will have nothing to do with the NCAA. Right now it will be between Navy and Ticketmaster as to whats happening with the tickets.

The ticketing will have nothing to do with the NCAA. Right now it will be between Navy and Ticketmaster as to whats happening with the tickets.

I meant regarding american football not soccer.

Ticketmaster seem to have all gone for xmas on this and let interns organise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The first few rows have covers over then and are not for sale.

Just got this from ticketmaster.

Regardless of interest in the event. If you don't have interest in Irish Rugby you don't get a presale password.
    Thank you for your email.

The presale is being done through the IRFU and anyone entitled to the presale has been contacted so unfortunately if you have not receieved an email with a password you will not be able to purchase tickets in the presale.

I see from your account that this event is added as a favourite however this does not entitle you to the presale, it will allow you to receive alerts regarding the event.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone any idea what the criteria for presale is? I've ordered a lot of rugby tickets off ticket master so presumably it is not to do with that.

Trying to find out now.
    Seriously if there were criteria for presale that needed to be met. People on this thread have met it.
    Some rugby fans are just gunna ignore the presale emails they get.

hahahaha

Here's the answer on that.

From IRFU
    The IRFU has received presale passwords for our Ten Year Ticket holders only and we would not have any other involvement with the event. Unfortunately we would not have presale passwords available for other fans.

Unfortunately I am unaware of when tickets will go on sale to the general public – you would be best to check this with Ticketmaster who are liaising with the event promoter.

Kind regards,

Conor Drudy
    IRFU Ticket Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Would I be right in saying that the code is attached to a newsletter sort of email? So in result lots of these codes will go unused?

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that the code is attached to a newsletter sort of email? So in result lots of these codes will go unused?
    Thats a fairly good bet. Essentially I think whats happening here is that people who get 10yr tickets have the opportunity to have "their seat" in any Aviva stadium event.
    So majority of them might not even bother with it.
    As far as I know these are all premium level seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

Thats a fairly good bet. Essentially I think whats happening here is that people who get 10yr tickets have the opportunity to have "their seat" in any Aviva stadium event.

Wrong on all counts dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

If its wrong on all accounts would you be kind enough to explain how it works? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

that's gas, the sunday times had an article 4 days ago about the match being in Croke Park and the hurling final being switched for this game. Some property agent being quoted saying she's been appointed to find 25000 houses and apartments around croke park to rent to AF Fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

bamboozle wrote: »
    that's gas, the sunday times had an article 4 days ago about the match being in Croke Park and the hurling final being switched for this game. Some property agent being quoted saying she's been appointed to find 25000 houses and apartments around croke park to rent to AF Fans

great to see the standard of journalism in Ireland is as good as ever :rolleyes:

so what's the story with these tickets - is there anyway of us will be able to get our hands of them in the next couple of days or has the presale passed us over...

is anyone just able to clarify everything?

conno16 wrote: »

Wrong on all counts dude

Ok he was wrong on them being only premium level seats but the bit about a lot of them being unused is pretty accurate I'd imagine. The bloke I'm using has no interest in going and had pretty much ignored the email till I rang him

johnmcdnl wrote: »

so what's the story with these tickets - is there anyway of us will be able to get our hands of them in the next couple of days or has the presale passed us over...

is anyone just able to clarify everything?

Presale seems to be for IRFU premium seat hiders only. They got an email with the code. I don't know if there is one code for all or whether each one is unique but although the email is a standard one, it does include their name and their IRFU ticket number so they could be different for each person.

EDIT - was speaking to someone else with a code and the 2 are different so there is a way of tracing them back I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

No kids tickets available in the presale... not much use to me then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    No kids tickets available in the presale... not much use to me then..

I'll gladly use it.. Pick me, pick me!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

No me, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :D

Go on so, give them to BennyCake, he asked first :o

I just got mine. I've no experience in presales so maybe not all available tickets are included, but a good lot is seats weren't available, including all the decent seats at the lowest price. Whether they are being held back for general sale or are already gone to the States I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A note to anyone with a code that they are not using. If you even so much as try to sell it on this board, from this moment on, you will be permanently banned.

If you have a code, and wish to allow other members use it, you may specify so and settle the matter in PM

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭USNA1991

US Navy alumni here looking for help getting 2 tickets. If anyone has a spare pass please contact via PM.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a code, and wish to allow other members use it, you may specify so and settle the matter in PM

Rather than flood the board so I'll just throw this out there, I'd love a code if anyone isn't using it, so if you have one give me a PM. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ladder62

I got a presale code today, have no connection with IRFU but presumably I got it because had bought tickets to the Wembley NFL games for past 4 years.??

There was not a lot of seat selection choice left...cheapest was €45 behind the goals and in 3rd tier stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Brian2850

Seat selection is hugely restricted in the presale.....The majority of good seats seem to be held back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Got 4 boom!

Upper tier is €35
    Lower tier is €50
    End Sections are €45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Passed my code to the first person to ask(gratis)
    FYI - this was the email.

The Emerald Isle Classic 2012 – Notre Dame V Navy

When: Sat 1 Sep 2012

Where: Aviva Stadium

Presale starts Thursday 15th December at 10am.

Aviva Stadium will host the 86th playing of the Navy-Notre Dame game on September 1st 2012. The Navy-Notre Dame rivalry is the longest continuous intersectional rivalry in college football with the two schools having met every year since 1927.
    The game will be a full NCAA regular season game and the outcome is expected to have a major effect on both teams National Championship prospects. Both teams have visited Dublin in the past, having played against each other in Croke Park, Dublin in November 1996. On that occasion, Notre Dame won 54-27.
    Speaking of the decision to take the game to Ireland, Naval Academy Director of Athletics, Chet Gladchuk, said: "To see this stadium is to believe it has to be one of the finest venues in the world. Although modest in capacity, few stadiums anywhere have attended to the detail, aesthetics and fan comfort found at Aviva. I guarantee those who travel to Ireland and attend this event will enjoy an experience that will be awesome and a memory not to be forgotten. Navy is very much looking forward to our visit and the wonderful experience we expect our coaches, players, fans and friends will enjoy."
    The Irish American Football Association (IAFA) also praised the decision of returning the game to Ireland. "We are delighted with the news that Navy and Notre Dame are coming to Dublin in 2012. Given the rivalry between the two teams, we are sure it will be a wonderful spectacle and will have a really positive impact on the game of American Football in Ireland."
    Tickets go on presale on Thursday 15th December at 10am until Friday 23rd December at midnight. To purchase tickets please follow the link below and enter the password (the password can be used to purchase a maximum of 6 tickets). Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis while stocks last.
    Presale Link (active on Thursday 15th at 10am):
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004788A7926400?did=tm
    Password: xxxxxxxxx (CaSE SEnsitIVe)
    Regards,
    Ticketmaster

Advertisement