Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

If anybody has access to spare tickets do let me know!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lads I don't think the tickets have been mailed out yet so probably noone has any to sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

adrian522 wrote: »
    Lads I don't think the tickets have been mailed out yet so probably noone has any to sell

Thanks Adrian had assumed you could print them off liek you can with all ticketmaster tickets.

Again just to use this opportunity to say Im looking for 2 tickets if anybody has any spares.

I anybody can help a regular AF contributor here on boards let me know.

cheers

D3PO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Missed the presale as well. Does anyone have an idea when tickets will go on general sale??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

jpjc05 wrote: »
    Missed the presale as well. Does anyone have an idea when tickets will go on general sale??

March i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

deisedude wrote: »
    March i think

Cheers. Don't think it'll sell out but still wanna get tickets in advance.

jpjc05 wrote: »
    Cheers. Don't think it'll sell out but still wanna get tickets in advance.

Wouldnt be so sure about that. There will be 20,000 Americans coming over for the game at least. Definately wise to get your ticket as early as possible just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Will tickets be available from ticketmaster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

yes in march

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

definately gonna go to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Razorroy

Let's go IRISH - hopefully there will be good ticket available to buy. Can't wait to go to the game. Was trying to get to the Michigan state game a few years back during the Charlie Weis years, looking forward to the Brian Kelly version of the irish v navy in the Aviva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, didnt see anything, but there was a delegation of three from South Bend present at Lansdowne last weekend for the Irish Wales match. They were doing a full evaluation of the ground on gamedays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Thought I heard yer man collins, the sports guy, on today FM this morning mention something about the game? I've had it on in the car since but haven't heard what he said...the sports news is usually repeated every hour.

Anyone hear it or am I losing my marbles?

There's an announcement today about the stadia being used for GIFT, 3 games being played across Ireland with College and high school teams. Might be something to do with it. http://www.facebook.com/GIFT2012?ref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Apparently a team are heading to Navan for a game.. .very sketchy 3rd hand information that was overheard. In time we'll know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Friday night lights: Navan’s Páirc Tailteann to host high-school American football game
    4 hours ago 306 Views 1 CommentShare3 Tweet Image: Adam Davy/EMPICS SportNAVAN WILL HOST an American football game between two of the United States’ top high school teams next summer.

As part of the Global Ireland Football Tournament (GIFT) 2012, Notre Dame Preparatory High School Saints from Scottsdale, Arizona and Father Judge High School Crusaders from Philadelphia will kick off their regular season on Friday, 31 August at Páirc Tailteann, the GAA have confirmed.

“The great bond between our two nations is well documented,” said Meath County Board chairman, Bernard Allen. “I trust our visitors will enjoy their historic visit to an equally historic county. Coiste na Mí is determined to make their stay an unforgettable one. We hope the memories they will take with them from the Royal County will endure well into the future.”

Two more traveling teams, who will open a two-game festival of American Football, are due to be confirmed, the Association said last night.

Notre Dame and Navy meet in the Aviva Stadium in September

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I'd like to think all the bars will be open for this and we can drink at our seats like they do in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd like to think all the bars will be open for this and we can drink at our seats like they do in the US.

NFL yes but I'm not sue if that's the case at college games. As they are students and you have to be 21 to drink legally in the States I'm not sure if you can drink at college games.

I've never been to a game over there so I'm just guessing but it wouldn't surprise me if games were dry

• Advertisement

Most of them are dry. Officially anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

That's great that there'll be high school football on too. I've always been a follower of the NFL but my dad has always preferred watching college football to the NFL, he still loves the NFL obviously, and he keeps an eye on high school football so he was delighted to hear that the matches would be on here.

Is there any chance that the other high school game will be in Parnell Park...I know I'm being greedy looking for 2 matches in Dublin ;)

Another thing, a mate of mine lives in Germany near Heidelberg and he said that he knows a heap of Americans there that are coming for the game. Apparently there's some US base there. So I'd expect it to be a sell out!

lafors wrote: »
    That's great that there'll be high school football on too. I've always been a follower of the NFL but my dad has always preferred watching college football to the NFL, he still loves the NFL obviously, and he keeps an eye on high school football so he was delighted to hear that the matches would be on here.

Is there any chance that the other high school game will be in Parnell Park...I know I'm being greedy looking for 2 matches in Dublin ;)

Another thing, a mate of mine lives in Germany near Heidelberg and he said that he knows a heap of Americans there that are coming for the game. Apparently there's some US base there. So I'd expect it to be a sell out!

3 venues, 6 games, 12 teams. i would imagine one of the venues will be in Dublin but I would have expected Dublin, Cork, Galway or something, now that one of them is definitely Meath who knows where the other two will be!

NFL yes but I'm not sue if that's the case at college games. As they are students and you have to be 21 to drink legally in the States I'm not sure if you can drink at college games.

I've never been to a game over there so I'm just guessing but it wouldn't surprise me if games were dry

Some stadiums are dry but the majority aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

lafors wrote: »

Heidelberg is the US army's headquarters in Europe.

• Advertisement

and the second GIFT 2012 location has been announced as Parnell Park, teams are from Arizona and California but not confirmed just yet

http://www.gift2012.com/

Notre Dame Sherman oaks will play Hamilton in Parnell Park I believe

I also understand Tallaght Stadium will be another of the venues to be used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Can't wait for these games in parnell park now. It's right on my doorstep so couldn't ask for better.

Also volunteer in the bar attached to the ground, Anything special that you think would get the punters into the bar after the game on friday evening ?

Cheap drink ? Hot dogs ? free hot dog with your cheap drink ?

Would the Irish crowd like an american band for the night or would the american crowd prefer a more Irish band do you think ?

Do you think many people would come in for a drink between the games ?

Could be a long evening in parnell park ?

They're high school kids, so drink might be a no-no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Not for the kids, more thinking of the supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,450 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That Ticketmaster page seems to have changed since you first posted it,

The On Sale date has been removed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Where would the best place to sit in the Aviva? Never been to a game before

I presume sidelines rather than either end, Are you better of lower down or a bit higher up to get a better view of the game?

Where would the best place to sit in the Aviva? Never been to a game before

I presume sidelines rather than either end, Are you better of lower down or a bit higher up to get a better view of the game?

here ya go! http://www.ehow.com/about_4571477_best-seats-football-stadium.html

That Ticketmaster page seems to have changed since you first posted it,

The On Sale date has been removed .

ye noticed that all right!

this is still there http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Emerald-Isle-Classic-tickets/artist/1672929 and I've just asked here; https://www.facebook.com/emeraldisleclassic?ref=ts

it's back up now, with a presale tomorrow which i know nothing about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Says tickets go on sale 20/03/2012

Presale from tomorrow

Any codes would be great :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'm gonna assume it's too late to register for this new pre-sale so a code would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Wouldnt mind getting a code for this too.

Noticed the 20th March general sale date on ticketmaster which goes against the March 5th date mentioned previously. Would much prefer to sort it out this weekend to avoid the confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bonezman

Any codes available for this presale? I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hammerp

Who got these codes ?

• Advertisement

Hammerp wrote: »
    Who got these codes ?

I don't know for sure but I remember around the time of the first pre-sale, there was something along the lines of the second pre-sale being for members of other European American Football organisations so maybe it's for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 IrishFan2

I know I am late to the game on this one but I too am looking for presale codes. I thought tickets were going on sale on Monday and now disappointed to know the wait is longer and the possibility of tickets is smaller. Would love to head to this match with my husband who is a big American Football fan for his 50th birthday...any help would be appreciated. codes please??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 donglemouse

just another grovelling request for pre-sale codes if anyone has any info, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

assume this is the BAFA & EFAF presale

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

anyone have any details on price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

don't suppose anyone has a code for the presale they'd feel like pm-ing me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fionna_rua

All ready to book this morning, but sale date is changed to the 20th. Really hoping to get some decent seats. So yet another who would really appreciate a code for this pre-sale :)

Hope ye all get good seats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

As a Notre Dame Alumni (as my boards.ie name suggests), i would love a code to get tickets. Any help appreciated

As an Alum, you might be better checking things out here; http://www.und.com/tickets/nd-tickets.html

• Advertisement

Domer wrote: »
    As a Notre Dame Alumni (as my boards.ie name suggests), i would love a code to get tickets. Any help appreciated

Surely you have contacts over there that could hook you up?

Advertisement