Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a house, how can I find out if its a carrier line

• 21-09-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

Basically as asked in the title.

Thinking of buying a house, need DSL, how can I tell its not a carrier line, as I dont know the number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only way to find out is to ask eircom, but they probably won't tell you, especially since you're not a customer and don't even know what number might be used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If house empty, bring phone, plug it in. If you hear a quiet "soft" or indeed any dialtone dial 199000. The number will be 'spoken back' . Then ring 1901 when you get home and ask them straight out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Google the street address and you might come up with one of your new-to-be neighbours phone numbers.

You can check if UPC service the area by entering the address at the "What services are available at my address?" section at the bottom of the following page.

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/thirty/

Advertisement