Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI RADEON 9550 256mb

Options
  • 21-09-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I would please like to know if this graphics card would work on my pc.

It's a matsonic ms9357e running on 1026mb of ram.

It's power supply is 220watts.

It's running on 32bit something I'm not sure.

Will the psu be enough to power it. I'm just using it to update the graphics card on my pc.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

If this is your motherboard and the Radeon 9550 is an AGP card which afaik it is then the answer is yes.

Edit> That card does't pull much power so should be OK but 220Watts is a bit low even for the age of the machine but I wouldn't expect any problems unless you have like 4 HDD's and 2 DVD burners running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

If this is your motherboard and the Radeon 9550 is an AGP card which afaik it is then the answer is yes.

Edit> That card does't pull much power so should be OK but 220Watts is a bit low even for the age of the machine but I wouldn't expect any problems unless you have like 4 HDD's and 2 DVD burners running.

Yes that's my motherboard.

I'll be using two hard drives and ATM I'm using one cd drive.

Will my power supply or graphic card blow if it's not compatible.

Does the fact that my pc is running on 32but windows affect it.

The OS 32bit or otherwise makes no difference.

All I can really say is I have run that graphics card in several PC's including ones with lower powered PSU's including one machine with a 150W PSU so I'm quite sure it should work.

The graphics card is bus powered which means it can't be very power hungry if it was it would have an additional power lead.

Thanks for the help guys I'll install it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is now history - how did it go?

• Advertisement

Tomorrow is now history - how did it go?

Works like a charm. I've tested with with avp2 old but a good game and it's pretty good.
    No lags no faults with motherboard or power supply.

Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement