Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everything retconned with Reach?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Maybe not the best place for this but it seems apt.......mods please move if needs be....

Having worked through 9 & 1/2 missions i took a brreak and went back to read Fall Of Reach again and it seems that the dates are out by ten years. The given year for the Reach campaign by Noble is 2552, yet Reach falls in 2542 according to the book.

Also when Keyes goes to the POA Cortana is already onboard.

This kind of thing grinds my gears especially since the Halo novels are SUPPOSEDLY considered canon.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

(Incidentally in 2552 half of Blue Team was on Onyx with a bunch of Spartan III's and Kurt, and Dr. Halsey)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Maybe not the best place for this but it seems apt.......mods please move if needs be....

Having worked through 9 & 1/2 missions i took a brreak and went back to read Fall Of Reach again and it seems that the dates are out by ten years. The given year for the Reach campaign by Noble is 2552, yet Reach falls in 2542 according to the book.

This kind of thing grinds my gears especially since the Halo novels are SUPPOSEDLY considered canon.

(Incidentally in 2552 half of Blue Team was on Onyx with a bunch of Spartan III's and Kurt, and Dr. Halsey)

Basically, while Bungie said that the books are an important part of the story, whatever takes place in games takes precedence over the books, after all it is their franchise and universe to change as they see fit. It sucks that they change certain things but alas there's nothing that can be done, the games are bible according to bungie

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

foxerv1 wrote: »

2542 is a misprint, it's meant to be 2552. My edition says 2552.
    What is a retcon is that Cortana split herself. She is both on the Autumn and Reach. She rejoins herself together on the Autumn.

Advertisement